what gaming desktop should i get?

Reaction score
nope no idea, if i were to build it myself what parts should i buy? i want it to be super super fast, lasts me for about 4 years maybe

guys got anything in mind? know any good sites to buy?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if your confident enough to build it yourself then we can recommend some specs, i dont know of any suppliers in the US other than Ebuyer so maybe one of the other guys can recommend somewhere decent to get stuff from and work out the price

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
ok then, something like this

Athlon64 3500 or 3700
Asus A8N-SLI deluxe or DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D
1 or 2GB Geil, OCZ, Corsair RAM
2x 160GB Western Digital SATA-II Hard drives (RAID 0)
Leadtek winfast 6800GT or Leadtek 7800GTX

optical drives, case and other bits of your choice

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Alf said:
hmm... $200 wont get you very far
Alf ... you missed a zero ... he has $2,000.00 to spend.

SBG, Go to Dell ... any "propriety built" system will be overpriced ... but you will/should get change from your 2000

:thumb:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Just try to avoid alienware. They are the most overpriced systems on the market. And from what i have heard if something goes wrong there tech.support sint very good. I reccomend building your own as if something goes wrong you know what is wrong with the comp and also you can save alot of money if you buy the parts fomr the right place. Do you want an intel or amd system? for gaming amd is way better. So i would build my own and for $2000 you can get a great computer but you mght want to also check out dell they also do some good systems and they always have a special deal on.

Reaction score
ya i was actually looking at dell but i looked at the specs for a custom built one and looks way better and cheaper thankx guys i found some great stuff on ebay already

Reaction score
what is better athlon64 or amd dual core?
i also want this for multitaksing more bigger/powerful software while playing games in background. what good for me?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
for multitasking the dual core rules,gaming the single cores are suposed to be better but i would get a dual core

Reaction score
so that just over £1000

i would go for

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ - £622.6
1 Gig ram - £80 (crucial or summin )
Asus A8n sli deluxe - £100
2x 160GB Samsungl SATA-II Hard drives - £120
Nvidia 7800GTX (if you can afford it) or a Nvidia 6800GT / Ultra
tagan 480W - £59
DVDRW - £30
Case - ALPINE EZ COOL - £40 (but this is my prefered case so you can choose whatever )

im not sure if you need a monitor mouse etc etc so that is specs for just the computer base

this is overpriced so whatever you feel u dont need as much of you can down scale it a bit :) ...

like the CPU you could get a 4600+ or lower

or one hard drive etc etc....

G~MAN

Ask a Question