What Do I Have To Change In This Code For FP2000?

Dick

I want to put a link on my page to another site. They provide the
HTML to add for the link. When I paste it into my FP html, all it
does is repeat the code on the page. What do I need to add/change to
the following to make it work in FP2000?

<FORM method="GET" action="http://www.qrz.com/callsign.html">
<B>QRZ callsign lookup:
<INPUT type="text" name="callsign" size="8">
<INPUT type="submit" value="Search"></B></FORM>

Stefan B Rusynko

You need to paste it in Code/Html View (Not design/page view)

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message |I want to put a link on my page to another site. They provide the
| HTML to add for the link. When I paste it into my FP html, all it
| does is repeat the code on the page. What do I need to add/change to
| the following to make it work in FP2000?
|
| <FORM method="GET" action="http://www.qrz.com/callsign.html">
| <B>QRZ callsign lookup:
| <INPUT type="text" name="callsign" size="8">
| <INPUT type="submit" value="Search"></B></FORM>

Dick

That's exactly what I did. When I went back to page view, there was
nothing there but html code. Maybe I entered it in the wrong area of
the FP code?

Chris Leeds, MVP-FrontPage

you may have better luck with this kind of thing by setting your cursor
where you want it to appear, hit insert/ web component/ advanced control/
HTML. Just paste it into that dialog.

HTH

--
Chris Leeds,
Microsoft MVP-FrontPage

If you make web sites for other people, you should check out ContentSeed:
http://contentseed.com/

Dick

To get it working, I had to enter the code at the very bottom of the
original html. Before, I was trying to enter it higher up.

Dick