MS Answers Forum

Welcome to Microsoft Answers, the community-based forums where you can
search, browse, and post questions and answers. Thousands of community
members—including Microsoft folks—are here to help. Get started by
searching, or selecting a product by clicking on this link:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

mac

MS Answers Forum said:
Welcome to Microsoft Answers, the community-based forums where you can
search, browse, and post questions and answers. Thousands of community
members—including Microsoft folks—are here to help. Get started by
searching, or selecting a product by clicking on this link:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

The same service was/is available via NNTP - so what?

Bruce Hagen

Rainald Taesler said:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistanetworking/threads

Thanks for the reply!
It seems to be a bit chaotic as there are thousands of threads on
WinMail in
Windows Vista Forums > Programs
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaprograms/threads?

Rainald

It is chaotic. There are only 16 forums for Vista. Besides not being well
defined, people tend to post wherever they want without reading what
little instructions there are. I find WinMail posts in Desktop and Files
as well.

Take a look at Microsoft Answers Site Feedback forum. Even though it
clearly states that "Technical Questions Are Not Answered in This Site
Feedback Forum", about 90% of the questions are about technical issues.

Rainald Taesler

Bruce said:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaprograms/threads?

It is chaotic. There are only 16 forums for Vista. Besides not being
well defined, people tend to post wherever they want without reading
what little instructions there are. I find WinMail posts in Desktop
and Files as well.

Take a look at Microsoft Answers Site Feedback forum. Even though it
clearly states that "Technical Questions Are Not Answered in This Site
Feedback Forum", about 90% of the questions are about technical
issues.

Yes, it's a real mess :-(

Do you know in which forum one might meet the "regulars" like Steve
Cochran and Gary VanderMolen?

TIA
Rainald

Gary VanderMolen

I do Windows Mail support in this forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistanetworking

I do Windows Live Mail support in this forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7network

and somewhat here also:
http://www.windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=15

I don't like to work in that last forum because
a) it doesn't work with the Community Bridge, and
b) it is inundated with users posting their Hotmail problems.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Rainald Taesler" wrote in message
Bruce said:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaprograms/threads?

It is chaotic. There are only 16 forums for Vista. Besides not being
well defined, people tend to post wherever they want without reading
what little instructions there are. I find WinMail posts in Desktop
and Files as well.

Take a look at Microsoft Answers Site Feedback forum. Even though it
clearly states that "Technical Questions Are Not Answered in This Site
Feedback Forum", about 90% of the questions are about technical
issues.

Yes, it's a real mess :-(

Do you know in which forum one might meet the "regulars" like Steve
Cochran and Gary VanderMolen?

TIA
Rainald

Rainald Taesler

Thanks a lot for your reply, dear Gary!

Gary said:
"Rainald Taesler" wrote:

Thanks a lot for the info!
Great to know where I can find you!
Still working with WinMail(under Vista as well as under Win7) this for
sure is most valuable.

Thanks for the pointer!
I don't like to work in that last forum because
a) it doesn't work with the Community Bridge,

That's a really drawback!
As a hard-core NNTP fanatic I guess that I will hardly go there too
often.
and b) it is inundated with users posting their Hotmail
problems.

The way Hotmai users normally behave, this does not sound too promising
;-) :)

Thanks again
and kindest regards

Rainald

Gary VanderMolen

You're very welcome. Glad to help.

Gary said:
"Rainald Taesler" wrote:

Thanks a lot for the info!
Great to know where I can find you!
Still working with WinMail(under Vista as well as under Win7) this for
sure is most valuable.

Thanks for the pointer!
I don't like to work in that last forum because
a) it doesn't work with the Community Bridge,

That's a really drawback!
As a hard-core NNTP fanatic I guess that I will hardly go there too
often.
and b) it is inundated with users posting their Hotmail
problems.

The way Hotmai users normally behave, this does not sound too promising
;-) :)

Thanks again
and kindest regards

Rainald

Rainald Taesler

Steve said:
I post pretty much across the board in those forums. I don't cover
WLM.

Thanks!
I don't like that at all and threw it off the machine after testing.

CU
Rainald

Rainald Taesler

Steve said:
:

This is my reaction to it: www.oehelp.com/OEnWin7.aspx

I'm posting from XP Mode now.

I know ;-) ;-)

I'm still using WinMail - under Vista as well as under Win7.

Rainald
P.S. As on the quoted page you say that the XP-mode would require Win7
Pro and above:
It works pretty fine with the Home-versions too. Only drawback: One
needs XP SP3 (valid licence).
But one can get that pretty cheap in eBay. So the Win7 version nit
really is an obstacle.

Steve Cochran

The page actually shows a screenshot of a virtual XP window that is NOT XP
Mode, so I already discuss the use in the "lower" versions of Win7. XP Mode
requires Pro or higher, but one can use a valid XP virtual machine, or even
clone their old machines using Disk2VHD.

steve