Website Error

Barry

Hi

I get te following error message, i am unable to find the line from where
the error is being throw, can anyone help

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. --->
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an
object.
at System.Web.UI.Control.ResolveClientUrl(String relativeUrl)
at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlLink.RenderAttributes(HtmlTextWriter
writer)
at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlLink.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ControlAdapter adapter)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ControlAdapter adapter)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ICollection children)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlHead.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter
writer)
at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter
writer)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ControlAdapter adapter)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ControlAdapter adapter)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ICollection children)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ControlAdapter adapter)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ControlAdapter adapter)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in
j:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\0b1db5bb\56bddf8f\App_Web_dzz36e3y.10.cs:line 0
at
System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

TIA
Barry

Vadym Stetsiak

Hello, Barry!

Callstack indicates that exception was thrown from .NET Framework code.
No wonder you cannot find the line that throws the exception.

Callstack also "says" that there was NullReferenceException in the
System.Web.UI.Control.ResolveClientUrl(...) and that HtmlLink control is
being rendered.

You wrote on Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:12:17 +0530:

> [...]

B> at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
B> at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean
B> includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
B> at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean
B> includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
B> at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
B> at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
B> at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
B> at ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in
B> j:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
B> Files\root\0b1db5bb\56bddf8f\App_Web_dzz36e3y.10.cs:line 0
B> at
B> System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpAppli
B> cation.IExecutionStep.Execute()
B> at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,

With best regards, Vadym Stetsiak.
Blog: http://vadmyst.blogspot.com

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Try using the web deployment project before testing again. And make sure it
creates the PDB file, so you can see where the issue is.

As it stands, the exception is thrown high up the stack, but without seeing
your code, I could not even guess what is causing the issue.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!