Webbot Include

Mark Taylor

Hi,

When using the webbot include with frontpage eg:

<!--webbot bot="Include" U-Include="PFiles/P94.htm"
TAG="BODY" -->

I have a mystery to solve...

The above displays fine in editor / preview mode. But as
soon as its viewed via a browser the include does not
show.

What you get in the browser is:

[Bulletins/Commercial_Property_Bulletins/PFiles/PFiles/P94
..htm]

The page is not being published, it's edited live on the
server, so it cannot be a publish issue. It's not
confirmed, but this would appear to have started
happening since we have upgraded to the latest FP
extnesions...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stefan B Rusynko

Are you sure you haven't got a base target set somewhere in the head section, as say
<base ref="Bulletins/Commercial_Property_Bulletins/PFiles">

Also There are some bugs in FP2002/FP2003 & in the FP2002 SE related to shared borders & include pages so make sure you (and your
host) see & apply all appropriate patches from:

For info in Service Pack 1 & 2 for FP2002 / MSO XP - see:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q325671

For the Host/Server running the FP2002 SE

For Unix server problems on the FP2002 SE see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q299360
The latest FP SE for Unix that fix the problems
(FPSE 2000 1.4 patch and an FPSE 2002 SR 1.1 patch)
are at http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport

For NT server problems on the FP2002 SE see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q298827
For FrontPage Server Extension 2002 Update - see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q317296
and security patch
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-053.asp--

| Hi,
|
| When using the webbot include with frontpage eg:
|
| <!--webbot bot="Include" U-Include="PFiles/P94.htm"
| TAG="BODY" -->
|
| I have a mystery to solve...
|
| The above displays fine in editor / preview mode. But as
| soon as its viewed via a browser the include does not
| show.
|
| What you get in the browser is:
|
| [Bulletins/Commercial_Property_Bulletins/PFiles/PFiles/P94
| .htm]
|
| The page is not being published, it's edited live on the
| server, so it cannot be a publish issue. It's not
| confirmed, but this would appear to have started
| happening since we have upgraded to the latest FP
| extnesions...
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Thanks

Mark Taylor

Hi,

There is no base target in the head. I have tried re-
installing the server extensions and updated them with
the patch on the host as suggested on the server, but the
problem remains :(

It would appear that an extra dir in being inserted in
the path when displayed in the browser.

The webot code is:

<!--webbot bot="Include" U-Include="PFiles/P94.htm"
TAG="BODY" -->

When appearing in the browser what appears is:

[Bulletins/Commercial_Property_Bulletins/PFiles/PFiles/P94
..htm]

An addititional 'pfiles' dir appears in the path. I have
tried inserting the full http:// address in the webot
itself also but this does not make any difference. Really
odd as when browsing /editing the page live on the server
it is fine in preview mode.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

[...]

"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (- ;

"Mark Taylor" <[email protected]>
wrote in message [email protected]...
| Hi,
|
| When using the webbot include with frontpage eg:
|
| <!--webbot bot="Include" U-Include="PFiles/P94.htm"
| TAG="BODY" -->
|
| I have a mystery to solve...
|
| The above displays fine in editor / preview mode. But as
| soon as its viewed via a browser the include does not
| show.
|
| What you get in the browser is:
|
| [Bulletins/Commercial_Property_Bulletins/PFiles/PFiles/P94
| .htm]
|
| The page is not being published, it's edited live on the
| server, so it cannot be a publish issue. It's not
| confirmed, but this would appear to have started
| happening since we have upgraded to the latest FP
| extnesions...
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Thanks

.

Thomas A. Rowe

Make sure that you have a web open first (File Menu | Open Web) and that the
file to be included, is within this current open web.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Mark Taylor

It is there and I am editing within Frontpage.

The folder structure within explorer is:

Bulletins/Commercial_Property_Bulletins/mypagetoedit.htm

The relative include folder for the webbot is:

PFiles/thefileforthewebot.htm

As I siad in previous posts the webot does not work, even
if I include the full http path to the 'thepfile.htm' Its
definatley there because if I paste the full http path in
the browser the pfile displays. The problem is that when
using the webot the and additional 'pfiles' folder
appears in the browser and displays as:

PFiles/Pfiles/thefileforthewebot.htm

When the relative path is actually

PFiles/thefileforthewebot.htm

I have re-installed the server extensions and applied to
update patch and its still scuppered...

Pulling my hair out.
[...]

Provide a URL to the site and page w/ the problem