M

Mike

I currnently have a VB6 dll that uses SOAP to talk to a WSDL file (web
service), and several other functions that is called from an ASP page. Now
my dillemma is with the support of the SOAP toolkit going away as of July 1
and my company wants to migrate off of it soon. I need to create a VB.NET
CCW that can be used by my current VB6 dll but the CCW needs to consume the
WSDL file that currently exists.

1. How do I create a CCW for my VB6 dll to use?

2. How do I consume an existing WSDL (web service) and call 2 of the methods
in it?

any help is greatly appreciated.

thx

D

DotNetJunkies User

I haven't done this before but I would assume all you need to do is create a VB.NET DLL used on the client that exposes to COM the same interfaces as your web service, and just calls the web service methods. Create a class library project, add a reference to your web service, and call the web service method. Something like...

Public Function CallWSMethod() As String
'-- call web service here (you may want to handle exceptions)
Dim ws As New Myserver.Myservice
Return ws.CallWSMethod()
End Function

Then select the project properties and under Configuration Properties / Build section, check the box that says "Register for COM interop". Build the DLL and try calling it from VB6 and see what happens!

HTH,
-Beth

D

DotNetJunkies User

I haven't done this before but I would assume all you need to do is create a VB.NET DLL used on the client that exposes to COM the same interfaces as your web service, and just calls the web service methods. Create a class library project, add a reference to your web service, and call the web service method. Something like...

Public Function CallWSMethod() As String
'-- call web service here (you may want to handle exceptions)
Dim ws As New Myserver.Myservice
Return ws.CallWSMethod()
End Function

Then select the project properties and under Configuration Properties / Build section, check the box that says "Register for COM interop". Build the DLL and try calling it from VB6 and see what happens!

HTH,
-Beth

Ask a Question