WD 400 Western Digital

Reaction score
You're welcome Bob.

Please feel free to air your views in the other threads...
I'm sure you have experience beneficial to some!
(It's not 'exclusively' an IT/ PC related Forum!) :)

Cheers
Kev

Reaction score
Okay, I'll have to look around. I think I'll start putting some of these hard drives, etc., together in some of these cases I have and sell them cheap on e-Bay, or in the local free paper. Also have about 4 brand-new standard keyboards, because I like the enhanced ones. My Inland has about 17 buttons across the top, in addition to the normal ones.

Bob

Hey, what can I say? Ask me about electrical work.

Reaction score
Okay, I got my card and 2 cables.

One seems to be a power cable but it plugs in on the other side of the drive, by the little data cord.

BUT............... there is ALSO a place to plug in my 5/12V supply, just like the IDE drive. Are these just what amounts to either/or places to power the drive? I'd hate to "cook" this thing.

This card has a place for 2 ATA drives and an additional IDE drive. It is a RAID controller for Home Office Use. Model #A-6421. No apparent brand name.

So... in a nutshell, I don't NEED the other cord if I use the regular power hookup?

(If someone has an e-mail addy, I can send pictures to explain myself to you).

Thanks, again, guys and dolls.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Either power connect will do, so don't fret :)

If it makes you feel more comfortable, use the old style molex connector.

Reaction score
Thanx, SM, it just shook me to see all those connections on the HD and only 4 on the "other end" of the jumper.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Either power connect will do, so don't fret :)

If it makes you feel more comfortable, use the old style molex connector.

I put the card in, ran the software, re-started the computer, and now Windows is not listing it as another drive. What am I doing wrong, here?

It seems to know it's there but won't list it as "Drive F." AMOF, no other drive is listed, AT ALL, except the original ones.

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Presumably the software you loaded was for the card to be recognized by the mobo and the card is now seen in device manager?

Look here for the software provided by WD to setup a Sata hard drive (I'm guessing it's a 1st gen sata drive)

Covenant

Ask a Question