WCG Stats Wed 8th March 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
V_R is your alcohol consumption increasing (Avatar)or did you clear the tables after the party and take the unused home ??:D

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
In your WCG Boinc Default Profile: Log in to WCG>My Grid>Device Manager>Device Profiles>Default Boinc Profile :thumb:
Cheers V_R, all sorted!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Mucks, I've been reading over at WCG about your 'no work' problem, is this on a windows machine?
Nup! I only use Linux ... and it's two hairs on a tick's d**k from being wiped out and obliterated...

I've looked on mine around the same times and have managed to get work OK, so I'm not sure where the problem lies :confused: - are you crunching both types of WU, or concentrating on just one?
All WUs

One thing I noticed is that you're communicating every hour ...
:confused: how'd you know that?

I have mine set at 0.005 days in the default profile, so it communicates every 7 minutes to reduce any delays in uploading/downloading work.
Same here ... 0.005 ... been that way for some time.

One other setting that everyone should change from the default is the 'Leave applications in memory while preempted?' setting - change it to YES. This helps with a known bug in boinc, and will ensure you don't loose work when pausing/stopping/re-booting etc.
Sorted ... & changed to yes ... but I never pause, stop or re-boot any PC here ... well not if I can help it I don't.

The whole BoinK program is a bug ... and I feel like squishing the bloody thing :rolleyes:

I'm on a very short fuse at the moment ... best I just go for a walk and calm down.

... err, maybe not ... it's raining. :rolleyes:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
One thing I noticed is that you're communicating every hour ...
:confused: how'd you know that?
I got it from your post at WCG :

Wed 08 Mar 2006 13:56:19 GMT|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work sent
Wed 08 Mar 2006 13:56:19 GMT|World Community Grid|Message from server: (there was work but it was committed to other platforms)
Wed 08 Mar 2006 14:56:19 GMT|World Community Grid|Sending scheduler request to https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/boinc/wcg_cgi/fcgi
Wed 08 Mar 2006 14:56:19 GMT|World Community Grid|Reason: To fetch work
Wed 08 Mar 2006 14:56:19 GMT|World Community Grid|Requesting 432 seconds of new work
Wed 08 Mar 2006 14:56:24 GMT|World Community Grid|Scheduler request to https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/boinc/wcg_cgi/fcgi succeeded
Wed 08 Mar 2006 14:56:24 GMT|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work sent
Wed 08 Mar 2006 14:56:24 GMT|World Community Grid|Message from server: (there was work but it was committed to other platforms)
Wed 08 Mar 2006 14:56:24 GMT|World Community Grid|No work from project
Wed 08 Mar 2006 15:56:24 GMT|World Community Grid|Sending scheduler request to https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/boinc/wcg_cgi/fcgi
Wed 08 Mar 2006 15:56:24 GMT|World Community Grid|Reason: To fetch work
Wed 08 Mar 2006 15:56:24 GMT|World Community Grid|Requesting 432 seconds of new work
Wed 08 Mar 2006 15:56:29 GMT|World Community Grid|Scheduler request to https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/boinc/wcg_cgi/fcgi succeeded
Wed 08 Mar 2006 15:56:29 GMT|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work sent
Wed 08 Mar 2006 15:56:29 GMT|World Community Grid|Message from server: (there was work but it was committed to other platforms)
Wed 08 Mar 2006 15:56:29 GMT|World Community Grid|No work from project

I'm on a very short fuse at the moment ... best I just go for a walk and calm down.

... err, maybe not ... it's raining. :rolleyes:
Probably a good idea Mucks! ;) - just take a brolly......:D

Must admit I've never had a problem with Boinc on my Windows Machines, other than when it is at the WCG Server end - but there's not alot I can do about that :rolleyes:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
CITech said:
Cheers V_R, all sorted!
V_R :confused:
Do I look like a drunken stella lout.....
laughingsmiley.gif

*loving the new smiley!!

Reaction score
Mr Ian Cunningham welcome to the mile high club:lol:
Well done Sir:thumb:

Another fine job on the stats mucks;)

doing well good job done by all:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Do I look like a drunken stella lout.....
laughingsmiley.gif

*loving the new smiley!!

Is that what you think of me? :eek:

I am not drunk.....yet.
077.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
I got it from your post at WCG :
:blush: :rolleyes:

OK, I'll put Windows back on ... but it is going to take 8days 6hours 49mins to download. :(

:rolleyes:

* naw ... I'll stick with Linux *

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
V_R said:
Is that what you think of me? :eek:

I am not drunk.....yet.
077.gif

Wassup now VR? You swigged the other one down already?

wish I could get the new smiley to work on my comp :(
Works fine on BBT but I still can't get the smileys here to work (on a click, without typing them in) on my Mac.

And mucks, thanks again for all the work, the stats are looking great:) appreciated.

And Ian, CONGRATULATIONS :D :thumb:
You guys inspire & give us all something to aim for :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question