WCG Stats Tuesday 28 February 2023

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Across 3 different machines I have 5 ready to report and 53 at 100% uploading. Not quite sure what that all means. :rolleyes:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Across 3 different machines I have 5 ready to report and 53 at 100% uploading. Not quite sure what that all means. :rolleyes:

You've crunched them but they won't upload back to WCG because it's closed down at the moment. So, everything is completely stuck. :(

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I am not a "Facebooker" but I followed the link to the WCG page.

Judging by the comments, the crunching community is (mostly) getting pretty fed-up. Some are campaigning for a move away from Krembil whom, they feel, lack the resources and expertise needed to efficiently run the WCG. Other folk are close to giving-up.

What a shame things are in such a mess! :wall:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Likewise, I do not use Twitter but this is on there....

World Community Grid
@WCGrid
·
20h

Update: As of this morning, the data center continues to work on booting the temporary replacement DSS 7000 storage system. They are attempting multiple alternative strategies to resolve current failures.
Quote Tweet

RvTsjg_5_mini.jpg

World Community Grid

@WCGrid
·
6 Mar

Update: unfortunately, the RAID controller was not the root cause of our storage system failure, the PCI bus failed. Data center is in the process of moving the disks to an alternate system and we will post updates as we progress. Once again, thank you for your patience. twitter.com/WCGrid/status/…

It's no wonder people are leaving. :(

Ask a Question