WCG Stats Sat 3rd June 2006

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Just checked 15 results pending upto 12o'clock last night RUBBBBIIIISSSHH!

They need to get their bums into gear
Unfortunately 'they' dont have any control on how long 'we' take to crunch the units - if the other 2 units your waiting for to validate your result aren't completed for a few days, then there is nothing 'they' can do.

If after a week, one of the validating results isn't returned, 'they' then send out another one to a 'known reliable source' to crunch :thumb:

Another thing BOINC kept crashing on me the other day. I would start it and after 2mins it would just lock up even after rebooting it just kept crashing PFFFFT!
Are you running the latest version 5.4.9?

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Persevere

Have to admit Boinc sends me quackers..but in my little own space in the house i tut and frown but realise that Diseases are gits that kill and i will persevere until we have them beaten and eradicated for good .

Reaction score
wcg is helping others

Rush said:
Have to admit Boinc sends me quackers..but in my little own space in the house i tut and frown but realise that Diseases are gits that kill and i will persevere until we have them beaten and eradicated for good .
Well putting it like that i can't disagree:nod:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I agree as well :thumb:

TD - have you any answers to the queries I posted above? I do try my best to help people here, and it takes up alot of my time responding to posts ;)

Reaction score
I had problems too Patience is a virtue"But baby look at me now"

>>>>>:wave:

;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
TD - from your lack of response I take it my help isn't required anymore - thanks for letting me know.

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
WCG Stats

Hi All,
Can I jump in here and say thanks for the kind comments?
Reagrds,
peahouse05:thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Of course you can peahouse - be our guest :D

Its good to have you with us mate, your doing great! :nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
peahouse05 said:
Hi All,
Can I jump in here and say thanks for the kind comments?
Reagrds,
peahouse05:thumb:
Hello you ... how is it going. :D

user.gif

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
TD - from your lack of response I take it my help isn't required anymore - thanks for letting me know.

A bit abrupt I think m8 :(

I would have answered if I'd have seen it but my PSU went pop abotu 3 or so hours ago. I have posted to tat effect but since had to remove PSU from 3200 and reinstall it and tidy my 4200

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
WCG Stats

Hello Mucks,
Fine thanks, but considering changing BOINC to Linux as I lose Internet connection several times a day in XP. Comes back on rebooting - have re-installed Asrock drivers just to see if using the Realtec NIC for Linux caused a problem.
Cheers,
peahouse05;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
A bit abrupt I think m8 :(

I would have answered if I'd have seen it but my PSU went pop abotu 3 or so hours ago. I have posted to tat effect but since had to remove PSU from 3200 and reinstall it and tidy my 4200
Sorry about your problems - but as I saw you posting around the forums earlier I thought you would have seen them - especially as you posted in the same thread after mine.

Do you have any replies for me, or are you OK now :)

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
TD - What does the unrecoverable error say?
When you say you are not returning results overnight - what exactly do you mean? - are you saying that the units stop crunching, or that Boinc is not sending the results in?

The error was simply because my leccy ran out and boinc was stopped abruptly while it was returning a result.

What I meant was for some reason practically over night I have noticed in mornings when I check Mucks post, my points are for a day. Until probably late last week most of my returns were over night. That in my eyes and forgive me if i'm wrong is totally different to overnight and a lot less returns?

Now i'm gonna be returning less albeit it was only a 3200 running it was running and returning some!

Oh well. Life really is a Bi*atch

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
The error was simply because my leccy ran out and boinc was stopped abruptly while it was returning a result
Ooops - must remember to feed that meter :p

What I meant was for some reason practically over night I have noticed in mornings when I check Mucks post, my points are for a day. Until probably late last week most of my returns were over night. That in my eyes and forgive me if i'm wrong is totally different to overnight and a lot less returns?
Ah - Mucks doesn't literally mean you got your points 'overnight' or 'in one day' when he says it - all the points are taken over a 24 hour period, from around midnight to midnight each day - its just a term of expression he uses :D

Now i'm gonna be returning less albeit it was only a 3200 running it was running and returning some!

Oh well. Life really is a Bi*atch
Don't worry mate - your helping, and its all good :nod:

Thanks mate...;)

Reaction score
sorry i havent been on or posted in ages, but i am still crunching my best :) and congratulations to everyones achievemnets and the teams success!!!!

Ask a Question