WCG Stats Friday 01 June 2007

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
You mean apart from crunching?

Errrrrrrrrr.....................:D
Tell me you is joshing ... you bought all that to only use 5% of it's potential. :confused:

Hmmm, I thought you were gonna setup a games server or invite Ian to Host the forums for free. :D

Mind you, it that fellow that was looking to house 10 HDs & 6 DVD drives is still around, you need to tell him what you got. ;)

Make sur you start anew thread with LOADSA pics. :thumb:

:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I thought you were gonna setup a games server or invite Ian to Host the forums for free. :D

Now thats a good idea! :D

....and yes lots of pics mate.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
V_R said:
Tornado fans, quiet is not the main concern then!? :D
Not really - with 7 Quads and a few other odds and sods already whirring away in that room, those Tornados won't make that much difference to be honest :D

muckshifter said:
Tell me you is joshing ... you bought all that to only use 5% of it's potential. :confused:

Hmmm, I thought you were gonna setup a games server or invite Ian to Host the forums for free. :D

Mind you, it that fellow that was looking to house 10 HDs & 6 DVD drives is still around, you need to tell him what you got. ;)

Interesting ideas Mucks - you would need to explain what to do to make a games server or host a forum etc, as I have no idea.

Don't remember reading about that fellow with the HD's/DVD's - got a linky for me to look at?

And no worries - there will be plenty of pics :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Not really - with 7 Quads and a few other odds and sods already whirring away in that room, those Tornados won't make that much difference to be honest :D
You do know why they call them Tornado's. ;)

Interesting ideas Mucks - you would need to explain what to do to make a games server or host a forum etc, as I have no idea.
Nope, nor have I ... but you do have a "server" MB there with PCI-X, twin quads, 32Gb Ram, oh, and had the sense to buy the right case ... that MB will actually fit in my Yellow Chieftec. :nod:

Don't remember reading about that fellow with the HD's/DVD's - got a linky for me to look at?
err, over there --------> somewhere :blush:

And no worries - there will be plenty of pics :thumb:
We need to start a new thread ... ;)

:user:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
You do know why they call them Tornado's. ;)
Oh yes - just doesn't bother me, will be in a room at the far end of the house
nod.gif

Nope, nor have I ... but you do have a "server" MB there with PCI-X, twin quads, 32Gb Ram, oh, and had the sense to buy the right case ... that MB will actually fit in my Yellow Chieftec.
nod.gif
I can assure you alot of research has gone into this ;)

err, over there --------> somewhere :blush:
No problem :)

We need to start a new thread ... ;)
Will do tomorrow :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm sure flops would agree with me when i say... you need to host a cod2 server. :D

(only jokin mate, do as you want.:))

I am lookin forward to the thread & pics mate. :thumb:

You nutter!
bowdown.gif

:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
V_R said:
I'm sure flops would agree with me when i say... you need to host a cod2 server. :D
I probably would if I had the foggyist idea how to go about it :D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i hope you have a fan controller, i have a couple of tornado's i bought from flopps and even at 5v it sounds like you have a hairdryer in your case
laughingsmiley.gif

the main problem with running a game server is bandwidth, the cost of getting a decent connection would probably be pretty expensive especially as its at his house

ady, hat off to you
bowdown.gif
, can't wait to see this thing in action

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
i hope you have a fan controller, i have a couple of tornado's i bought from flopps and even at 5v it sounds like you have a hairdryer in your case
laughingsmiley.gif

the main problem with running a game server is bandwidth, the cost of getting a decent connection would probably be pretty expensive especially as its at his house

ady, hat off to you
bowdown.gif
, can't wait to see this thing in action
OK - theres been alot of talk about these Tornados as if something is going to be a surprise to me, so lets put the thing to bed once and for all:

I'm well aware of how loud they are, the reason they were bought was they have a very high CFM rating in relation to their size, which is needed as those clovers put out alot of heat when OC'd - the noise does not worry me as the room is miles away from living areas etc in the house, a fan controller will not be required as they will be at full speed 24/7.

Now thats clarified - regarding using as a games server etc, your right my ISP wouldn't cope, and I'm not prepared to pay the cost for upgrading to something suitable at the moment to be honest.

Haven't even had a chance to start the build this weekend, so its likely to start later in the week and over next weekend - I'll start a new thread about it accordingly
nod.gif

muckshifter

Reaction score
:lol:

We is just trying to pick holes, 'cos we are a jealous bunch of ... people. ;)

Have fun when you get there. :thumb:

Ask a Question