WCG Stats Fri 7th April 2006

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
OK now that is strange. I turn other PC off as people tell me I wont return as many points through WCG and now im not ever returning over 1000 on this system WTF is goin on?
I take you mean you are using Boinc, yes? If so then it will take a day or so for the points to filter through ... you don't get your points straight away, they have to be verified first, that also means waiting for the Quorum to return their points also ... ;)

Hey, we didn't say this was easy ... but you should see a difference in a day or so ... oh, and they go up-n-down like a yoyo. :D

I returned over 4,000 points for the first time ... and I know it is solely due to installing windows & bionc tweaked.

I was one of the biggest sceptics of Boinc ... pleased to have been proved wrong ... hang in there I'm sure you'll see a difference over time.

nod.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
OK now that is strange. I turn other PC off as people tell me I wont return as many points through WCG and now im not ever returning over 1000 on this system WTF is goin on?
I'm not sure what you mean by turning other PC off? - are you saying you have stopped using the WCG UD Agent and put boinc on it??

Are you talking about your dual-core or another one??

:confused:

Reaction score
No I had two pcs running WCG

I was told it was pointless as running two machines or more on WCG does not make a difference so I have turned 3200 off and left 4200 on. Now i'm delivering less than 1000 points a day, Why?

muckshifter

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
No I had two pcs running WCG

I was told it was pointless as running two machines or more on WCG does not make a difference so I have turned 3200 off and left 4200 on. Now i'm delivering less than 1000 points a day, Why?
HUH? Who told you that? ... it wasn't any of us ... :confused:

The more PCs you run under your name, as many as you can get, WILL increase your points ... take one off and your points will go down by the amount that PC was producing ... simple maths here I'm afraid.
nod.gif

muckshifter

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
err, I don't see anything about turning off a PC ... I did say using UD was a waist of time on a dual-core as it will not use both cores and will reduce the efficancy by 30%

Me thinks we got our wires crossed in cross-posting ... :(

Both your systems are that you really need Boinc running on them ... and just to be clear here, I mean both. Once installed and running, go get the relevant "tweaked" versions for each PC ... it is a simply case of stopping Boinc then copy the tweaks in the right folder where Boinc is and over-writing with the tweaked versions. Restart Boinc and that's it.

Even If you start all over again, you will not loose any points, providing you keep the same name and details.

If you look at my "installations" you see I have something like 8-9 "devices" ... I actually only have 3, and one of them is my brothers PC ... wish he would leave the dam thing turned on.

TD ... I apologize if I have misled or misinterpreted what you are doing ... but I assure you, the more PCs you have, beg, steal or borrow, the more points you get.

:thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
He didn't mean that TD - he was talking about trying to run two work units with the WCG agent on one machine - it don't work.

You can have as many PC's as you want crunching, the more you have obviously the more points you get.

I am home now TD - give me a ring on my mobile No I sent earlier, and I will ring you back straight away and get you up and running on Boinc and see your points soar!!...:thumb:

:)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Thanks Ady ... you can explane things a little clearer than I can ... :thumb: :blush:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
No problem Mucks - unfortunately he's off line now, and I'm desperate to get him up and running with Boinc and unleash that Dual Core beast of his :nod:

Once up and running with both his PC's using tweaked boinc, I reckon he is looking at around an average of 6-7000 points a day...:thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Sorry to be a ham in the sandwich pain guys ...but what gains could i expect tweaked??

quickly hides behind door to stop incoming flak

muckshifter

Reaction score
Rush said:
Sorry to be a ham in the sandwich pain guys ...but what gains could i expect tweaked??

quickly hides behind door to stop incoming flak
Well ... first thing you do is ... PM Captain Boinc or, start a new thread.

We do have it ALL written down in crunchers corner for the reading ... ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Rush said:
There's no set percentage as such and it depends on the CPU, but from experience it seems to increase around 30% for the average PC.

PM me Rush with a phone number and I'll talk you through it straight away - but I'm going out at around 9pm for the weekend so make it quick....;)

Edit: I've tried to PM you Rush to give you a hand, but you seem to have PM's blocked...

Last edited:

Ask a Question