WCG Stats 1st Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
First, you need to make sure ya rig meets the minimum requirements to run the AIDS project. HERE (The AIDS Project is more demanding then the HPF Project)

All being well you need to go into 'My Grid' on the WCG Website and change your 'Device Profile' It will be updated when you next return a result. ;)

About the points have a look HERE For info about the points. :)

Then come and check out the team thread on the forum HERE :thumb:

That should keep ya going for a while!!!! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I would strongly recomend checking out the WCG Forums

You can learn a lot just by reading the threads and FAQ'S. :thumb:

Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
My mind boggles, at 17...so young...so many questions...

Dude... i'm only 17 too

*not for long though suckers ;) 18 on Xmas eve woohoo*

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Boody hell, At 25 i feel old now! :(

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
smooth, whats it like having a b'day on xmas eve?

Smooth? - god I am getting old.....:(

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I have just the one . I did try my IBM T23 laptop but that felt like it was ready to fry eggs after 20 minutes ?.

In my humble opinion as long as you are crunching for the cause , dont worry just carry on and use the 1 .Relax and feel great about your contribution , safe in the knowledge that you are helping those less fortunate..it really does make you feel proud.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
For those who are in the thousands, how many pcs do u all have?
Only got one machine processing WCG at the moment (spec'd below) and it's also crunching simultaneously for FAD!

Planning to move all my network over to WCG once FAD has ceased which I think is due later this month.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
For those who are in the thousands, how many pcs do u all have?

If you go to the stats page for our team HERE, you can click on the member names and it tells you how many devices are being used, at present its anything from 1 to 11(Chris Postill).
I currently have 3 running 24/7 - 2 desktops and a laptop.

Some members of other teams use a huge amount of PC's and servers - I know Zachary at BBT has over 32....:eek:

Reaction score
I don't have 11, its mostly where ive installed WCG more than once on a single machine and it dosent delete the old name... Maybe i have about 7, one of which isn't running as its a customers computer awaiting collection. WCG makes a good stress test on systems i built, to make sure it can hack 100% full load for a couple days before being shipped :)

None are really on 24/7 though, hence why i'm not first. parents say "Fire risk"...not entirely untrue after imries caught on fire yesterday.

Reaction score
Indeed it was, a small Compaq iPAQ Desktop PC, strange model name as it resembles the PDA's, anyway i had it doing some stuff and it started locking up and then it began BIOS beeping so i held in power button and a load of smoke appeared to come out the back and up the wall, so i unplugged it and sat it outside, it never burnt away into a pile of plastic, it's still intact, haven't opened it up yet but im guessing the RAM / CPU failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question