Wanted: Genealogy Freeware

JeffinMS

Something along the lines of Family Tree Maker, not neccesarily the same but
something fairly user friendly.

*ProteanThread*

Daphne said:
My favorite is Legacy Family Tree. There is a free version and a paid
version.
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/

Cheers
Daphne

i agree. legacy is far more user friendly than some of the $$$ ones i
have seen not to mention the fact that its helped my wife with her
genealogy by organizing it better.

JeffinMS

*ProteanThread* said:
i agree. legacy is far more user friendly than some of the $$$ ones i
have seen not to mention the fact that its helped my wife with her
genealogy by organizing it better.

Thanks a bunch to both. I use a $100 Genealogy program but its sort of
complicated and I dont really like making copies of purchased software to
give away, since its not really mine. I have a relative whos just starting
and this ought to be perfect for him. So once again, thanks.

socrtwo

JeffinMS said:
Thanks a bunch to both. I use a $100 Genealogy program but its sort of
complicated and I dont really like making copies of purchased software to
give away, since its not really mine. I have a relative whos just starting
and this ought to be perfect for him. So once again, thanks.

There's always PAF (Personal Ancestry File) made by the Mormons. It is
exceptionally easy to enter data in it and if you need to make
print-outs of family trees with software that is better for that, it
exports standard GEDCOM and PAF files that most genealogy programs can
import.

http://tinyurl.com/bxsh7

socrtwo

So far I haven't been impressed with the attractiveness of PAF reports
or tree print outs.

Susan Bugher

socrtwo said:
So far I haven't been impressed with the attractiveness of PAF reports
or tree print outs.

You might want to try specialized apps for those tasks. See:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_BUSINESS-HOME.php#8.07Genealogy

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware