Wake Up!!!! HEY, WAKE UP

After upgrading Vista Business edition I can NOT get my computer to wake up
from sleep/hibernate mode by moving the mouse or hitting the eyeboard. I cant
find a setting that allows for on resume.....I have to keep hitting the
"reset" button!!!

Anyone?

KristleBawl

Do you use a wireless keyboard/mouse set?

I them on my Win98SE machine and the mouse wasn't activivated until I
clicked the desktop, but the keyboard worked.

KB

"23Hitamn" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

David Dickinson

23Hitamn said:
After upgrading Vista Business edition I can NOT get my computer to wake
up
from sleep/hibernate mode by moving the mouse or hitting the eyeboard.

If you're computer has hibernated, then moving the mouse or pressing a key
won't wake it up -- you'll have to turn it on again by using the power
button. But if you hear the fan running and the front panel's power light
is on, then the machine is only in some level of "Suspend" or "Sleep" mode,
and waking it up should be easy. However, lots of machines have had
problems with power management in previous versions of Windows, and I won't
be surprised if these problems continue. Also, you are more likely to have
problems if you have older hardware. There are two possible solutions that
are more likely to work than others:

Vista has lots of new power management settings (from the average user's
point of view, it's gotten a lot more complicated to make adjustments when
there are problems). If you go to Control Panel\Power Settings, you can see
them by clicking "Change Plan Settings" under the "Preferred Plan" that you
are using, and then, on the next window, click "Change Advanced Power
Settings".

In addition, I would check with the manufacturer of your computer or
motherboard to see if an updated BIOS is available. Getting the latest BIOS
version has solved lots of similar problems in the past.

If these don't solve your problem, then the easiest workarounds are:

1) Set the computer to hibernate instead of going into Suspend mode (but
you'll have to use the power button to wake it up every time), or

2) Prevent you computer from going to sleep in Power Settings and simply
turning it off when you're done using it.

Adam Albright

[...]

I really love these self-anointed "experts" that come here. Well guess
what, I have had a similar problem that comes and goes in spite of the
fact I have ALL my power management settings set to off and clunky old
Windows still decided once in awhile it must be tired and needs to go
to sleep all on it's own. Care to explain that Mr. Expert when all my
hardware is 100% Vista certified and I'm running the latest version of
my MB's BIOS?

I won't hold my breath waiting for any replies. Oops, I forgot this
Bozo "plonked" me already. LOL!

What I find so damn funny is these wannabe "experts" always make
veiled references to "average" users implying they know more, yet they
never really solve a damn thing. Classic and always amusing.

Synapse Syndrome

23Hitamn said:
After upgrading Vista Business edition I can NOT get my computer to wake
up
from sleep/hibernate mode by moving the mouse or hitting the eyeboard. I
cant
find a setting that allows for on resume.....I have to keep hitting the
"reset" button!!!

There are many people having problems resuming from standby/hibernate in
Vista (me included). Use Google and you will find that it is a common issue
that MS has yet to fix.

ss.

No expert here, but I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. I do
not use the sleep option. But when I come back from just logging off, I
have to log into a black screen. Most of the time, I can enter my password,
and windows comes up. But about a third of the time, I have to power off,
and back on.