W2K &W2K3: At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine

S

svaardt

I have been getting the following unususal error on my w2K baed PC since the installation of the most recent drivers for W2K from the Microsoft web site:

At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine the event log for details.

Similarly. I also installed on a completely different machine an evaluation copy of Windows 2003 and have use the same download site to update the various modules and I get the same error!!!!.... the W2K3 machine is a pure MS install + MS Patch site upgrade - nothing else absolutely whatsoever.... has been installed on this machine - not MS Office, no nothing - straight off the disk.

Having looked through the Event properties on both machines nothing indicates why the message appears - the error is simply shown as a Type Information: Popup on each. What can I do to trace this down further ?

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

Ask a Question