Windows XP W2k server SP4 not working properly after update IE

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my W2K server.

When my server was going to update ie5 to ie6 some ms updates were done on my server. After that i have the following problems:

IE will not get a connection to internet anymore, network from the workstations to the server are working properly

The ie tab connections will not work anymore (process hangs)

Start settings network connections will not work anymore (process hangs)

Services cannot be stopped from de services application, services remain stopping, server has to be restarted to use the services properly.

The message "at least one service was not started" which normally show after starting the server shows when shutting the server down.

Browser preformance on the server itself (explorer) is poor

Starting up the server takes a long time

Try to install SP4 again sp4 stays checking configuration does not do anything further

In safe mode the above mentioned problems are not showing

Has anyone suggestions to solve this problem

e®ik

Reaction score
I solved the problem.

In save mode I stopped the UPS (APC) services and after a reboot the server acted normal again. At the internetsite
of APC an update of the ups software can be download to correct the problem (has something to do with a JAVA certificate wich was not valid anymore)

e®ik

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Thank you for the update ... :thumb:

user.gif

Ask a Question