Vuescans blinking "X" what's it all about?

David DeBar

I notice a blinking "X" that becomes a solid circle and back to the X on the
image I'm working with. What is this all about?
I can drag it about the screen but I have no idea what it's for.

Vuescan is a good tool but the documentation is lacking. Has anyone written
a tutorial for vuescan?

Dave

Bart van der Wolf

David DeBar said:
I notice a blinking "X" that becomes a solid circle and back to the X on the
image I'm working with. What is this all about?
I can drag it about the screen but I have no idea what it's for.

It is the focus spot, as documented in the help files (Input tab|Auto
focus first paragraph).

Bart

David DeBar

Bart van der Wolf said:
It is the focus spot, as documented in the help files (Input tab|Auto
focus first paragraph).

Bart

Thanks Bart. Now I know.

Mark L Caton

David DeBar said:
I notice a blinking "X" that becomes a solid circle and back to the X on
the
image I'm working with. What is this all about?
I can drag it about the screen but I have no idea what it's for.

Vuescan is a good tool but the documentation is lacking. Has anyone
written
a tutorial for vuescan?

Dave

There is a "Getting Started Guide" to be found on the Vuescan web site, plus
an FAQ.

Compulsory in my view to RTM.

Wayne Fulton also has some excellent general advise on scanning, inc. use of
Vuescan @ www.scantips.com.

Mark

W. W. Schwolgin

David DeBar said:
I notice a blinking "X" that becomes a solid circle and back to the X on the
image I'm working with. What is this all about?
I can drag it about the screen but I have no idea what it's for.

Vuescan is a good tool but the documentation is lacking. Has anyone written
a tutorial for vuescan?

Dave

Well, I tried to write one ;-) It is part of my book "Digitale
Dunkelkammertechnik". http://www.dpunkt.de/buecher/3-89864-304-2.html
The main focus of the book is how to implement a color management
workflow with the products Picture Window Pro, VueScan and Qimage. I
show that there is an alternativ to the photoshop workflow.

Winfried

Mark L Caton

W. W. Schwolgin said:
Well, I tried to write one ;-) It is part of my book "Digitale
Dunkelkammertechnik". http://www.dpunkt.de/buecher/3-89864-304-2.html
The main focus of the book is how to implement a color management
workflow with the products Picture Window Pro, VueScan and Qimage. I
show that there is an alternativ to the photoshop workflow.

Winfried

Winfried,

Would this be coming out in English any time soon?

cheers,
Mark

W. W. Schwolgin

Mark L Caton said:
Winfried,

Would this be coming out in English any time soon?

cheers,
Mark

no concrete plans at the moment. But I reveived the same request from
other people. We will present the book at the photokina and we hope to
get some feedback whether it was a good idea to write a book about
colormanagement workflow for photographers that is not based on
photoshop. If it turns out that there is a market for such a book we
will produce an english version.

Winfried

David DeBar

W. W. Schwolgin said:
"David DeBar" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Well, I tried to write one ;-) It is part of my book "Digitale
Dunkelkammertechnik". http://www.dpunkt.de/buecher/3-89864-304-2.html
The main focus of the book is how to implement a color management
workflow with the products Picture Window Pro, VueScan and Qimage. I
show that there is an alternativ to the photoshop workflow.

Winfried

Unfortunately, I only speak and read English.

Dave