VueScan v8.3.56

William John Smtih

Yes, Ed Hamrick seems to ignore all complaints, but
he does seem to fix most problems that get reported.

VueScan 8.3.57 reportedly fixes the
problem you reported:

What's new in version 8.3.57

Reduced CPU utilization on some systems
Fixed problem with display sometimes going blank
Fixed problem with LS-9000 at 4000 dpi
Fixed extra auto-focus on some PIE slide scanners
Fixed image flipping on some PIE infrared scans
Added support for buttons on Epson 1670

I'm impressed at how good his customer support is,
since no other vendor I know of is so responsive
to customer bug reports.

As far as being "reputable", Ed Hamrick seems to have
a very good reputation, judging from google searches
I've done.

Don

You are correct, 8.3.57 fixed the problem. Of course Hamrick never responded
that a fix was in the works, and this after two detailed emails to him.
By checking every hour or so
I spotted the fiix on one of the Macintosh download sites, hell of way
to do business.
As far as customer support goes, I have been using VueScan for four
years and recommending it to
my students BUT I have yet to see any customer support and I have
written several times. In this case
all he needed to do was a simply one line response along the lines of,
"aware of problem, fix is in the works"
and I would have been pacified.
I will continue to recommand VueScan BUT don't expect any support.

cheers,
William

Daniel

William John Smtih said:
that a fix was in the works, and this after two detailed emails to him. By
checking every hour or so
I spotted the fiix on one of the Macintosh download sites, hell of way to
do business.
As far as customer support goes, I have been using VueScan for four years
and recommending it to
my students BUT I have yet to see any customer support and I have written
several times. In this case
all he needed to do was a simply one line response along the lines of,
"aware of problem, fix is in the works"
and I would have been pacified.
I will continue to recommand VueScan BUT don't expect any support.

cheers,
William

On both occasions that I have emailed Ed, I have received a reply.

Daniel

Don

William John Smtih said:
that a fix was in the works, and this after two detailed emails to him.

I sent him an e-mail and asked him about this. He said he checked
his records, and has never received an e-mail from
william at greenlion dot net. He said that if there was an attachment
larger than 3 MBytes, the e-mail would have never gotten
through to him (these get automatically dumped).

Don

Steven Saunderson

That is nice but It doesn't do me any good.

If you are really trying to send Ed a file I can arrange a temporary
upload location for you. Also, there was a similar request recently and
someone suggested a service that will also do this.

I am hoping I haven't been baited here.

Don

William John Smtih said:
That is nice but It doesn't do me any good.

I got more info from Ed. He said his server logs show that you e-mailed him
on May 12, May 22, July 24, July 25 and July 27. He said that the server
logs don't contain the subject or body of the e-mails, but that none were
large e-mails. His received e-mail log doesn't have any record of having
received the July e-mails.

Did you perhaps forget to put the word "VueScan" in the subject of
these e-mails in July? He said that e-mails without this word in the
subject are filtered out as spam.

Don

Ralf R. Radermacher

William John Smtih said:
That is nice but It doesn't do me any good.

William

You're not alone. Vuescan has virtually no support. What's worse if
any program needed support it's Vuescan because it's so full of bugs.

When I complained to Ed he lashed out with "nobody is forcing you to
use Vuescan".

Ralf

Bart van der Wolf

SNIP
I got more info from Ed. He said his server logs show that you e-mailed him
on May 12, May 22, July 24, July 25 and July 27. He said that the server
logs don't contain the subject or body of the e-mails, but that none were
large e-mails. His received e-mail log doesn't have any record of having
received the July e-mails.

That's not real Don you're talking to right now. It's the so-called
"Don", a fake pseudonym used by a Vuescan sociopath to spread
misinformation.

It's easy to spot if you look carefully at message headers but even
just reading the content is also a dead giveaway.

For example, when you read mindless praises of Vuescan with things
like "I talked to Ed" etc, it's the fake "Don".

When you see calm, objective and constructive messages, that's the
real Don.

Bart

Don

I am hoping I haven't been baited here.

;o)

Actually, this is no laughing matter and you have my sympathy. Their
obsession with Don is not very constructive.

Oh, well... Ed and his mouthpiece Bart just don't know when they're
beaten and keep coming back for more. Here we go again...

Don.

Ed Hamrick

Somebody pretending to be "Don said:
I got more info from Ed. He said his server logs show that you e-mailed him
on May 12, May 22, July 24, July 25 and July 27.

That's a total and absolute lie!

I would never associate with criminals who fake other people's
messages.

By dragging me into your deranged fantasies you're bringing Vuescan
into disrepute and causing direct harm to my business.

If you persist I will be forced to take legal action. A few carefully
placed subpoenas will unmask your clumsy anonymity in only a few
weeks, especially when the libel has clear intent to harm a business
as you are doing.

By repeatedly claiming I support your criminal and despicable actions
you're libeling and harming my business.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Don

Of course, this is another poorly written forgery from me.
Ed's postings never came from supernews, only my
postings come from supernews.

There isn't anyone here who doesn't know that this is all
a deranged game from someone who claims to only
post "objective facts" (that would be me)

Don

Don

And again, this is another forged posting from me. Bart never
posts messages from supernews - only I do.

Don

Don

And again, this is another forged posting from me. Ralf never
posts messages from supernews - only I do.

Don

Ralf R. Radermacher

Ralf R. Radermacher said:
You're not alone.

No, I didn't write this!

Regulars please note that this wanker is forging our mail addresses
again.

As announced earlier, I am not taking part in any discussion in this
group until further notice and you may safely disregard all messages on
the topic of Vuescan posted here under my name. They're all fakes.

Ralf

Bart van der Wolf

(e-mail address removed) wrote in message (e-mail address removed)
SNIP
No, I didn't write this!

Yes, you did!

Bart

SNIP
From: (e-mail address removed) (Ralf R. Radermacher)
Newsgroups: comp.periphs.scanners
Subject: Famous last words
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:32:28 +0200

"Just delete it - nobody is forcing you to use it."

Ed Hamrick on my announcement that I've had enough of my life as an
eternal beta tester.

Ralf

Bart van der Wolf

SNIP
And again, this is another forged posting from me.

No, it's not!

Ed, you just can't stand that Vuescan is so full of bugs and there's
nothing you can do about it.

BTW, isn't is laudible how real Don stays above all this.

Bart

Bart van der Wolf

(e-mail address removed)...
SNIP
Of course, this is another poorly written forgery from me.
Ed's postings never came from supernews, only my
postings come from supernews.

No, no, Ed, *that* is the forgery. You are desperately trying to be
like Don because you admire him so much. And I don't blame you. Don is
quite magnificent and I admire him too.

Bart

Bart van der Wolf

(e-mail address removed)...
SNIP
And again, this is another forged posting from me. Bart never
posts messages from supernews - only I do.

Of course I do! All the time! Whenever I fake Don's messages I use
supernews.

Just like you Ed, I really I want to be like Don. Since I can't, I
forge his messages.

Bart

Don

And anyone with half a brain can see that forged postings from
supernews are coming from me.

Don