VS.NET "view in browser" initiated from asp.net codebehind page

I like the "view in browser" feature of vs.net: right click from an aspx
page, and preview a working version of the page.

I don't like how this can't be launched from the pages' codebehind. The
"view in browser" option does not appear on the context menu of VS.NET 2005.

Is there a workaround or hotkey that I can use to launch a preview from the
codebehind page?

-KF

Denny Boynton

KF,

I don't think that there's a workaround for this. In fact, I'm pretty
sure this functionality is by design.

The code behind class and the ASPX are actually two seperate files and
represent the business and presentation tiers respectively. As such, it
makes sense that the ASPX (presentation) is the only file that can be
viewed in the IDE browser.

HTH

Thanks,
Denny Boynton

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi KF,

As Denny has mentioned, the "View in browser" feature's behavior is
somewhat by design since displaying page is mainly specific to aspx page
rather than the code. Also, the VS.NET ide by default will hidden the code
behind file from us unless we explicitly use "show all files" to expand
them. In addition, sometimes we may use some simple structured page which
dosn't even use codebehind (put code in aspx inline). So the "view in
browser" is associated to aspx only.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support