VS Designer going crazy....

S

Steph.

Hi,

Better and better.. Now I get this error when I want to add a form to my WINDOWS FORM project :

"The file could not be loaded into the Web Forms designer. Please correct the following error and then try loading it again:
The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed."

Does anybody have an idea for a solution to this problem ???????????????

Thanks,

Steph.

I

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

A wrong installation?

What if you create a new project ( win app ) does it happen still?
if so reinstall VS :(

cheers,

--
Ignacio Machin,
ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us
Florida Department Of Transportation

Hi,

Better and better.. Now I get this error when I want to add a form to my WINDOWS FORM project :

"The file could not be loaded into the Web Forms designer. Please correct the following error and then try loading it again:
The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed."

Does anybody have an idea for a solution to this problem ???????????????

Thanks,

Steph.

S

Steph.

No it's my old 2003 installation. Works fine with other projects.

I was working in my project as usual... I needed a new form so I used the "Add New Item" Dialog, choosed Form, Named it "FRM_GridOptions", and then I got this error instead of the new form designer...

In the project's folder, only "FRM_GridOptions.cs" is created, no "resx" file.

After getting the error, if I try to open an exsisting form in this project, I get the same error screen instead of the form designer...

BUT, if I close "error screen" and delete the "new" (faulty) form from the project manager, I'm able again to open exsiting forms, but it is still impossible to add a new form (or control) using the "Add New Item" Dialog.
BUT, I can make a copy of an exsisting form, rename it work with it with no problems.

Adding a new "User control" also raise the same error...

If a create a brand new project : no problems, everything is working - other exsisting projects works fine also.

There must be something wrong in my current project... maybe in the solution file... but I can't see anything unusual...

Thanks for your interest,

Steph.

S

Steph.

I've maybe a solution... but don't know if it's safe....

I've deleted the ".suo" file in the project directory, and now the Form designer seems to work fine ! I can add forms and work with them.

But I have no idea about what is this "PROJECT_NAME.SUO" file ?
Is an important file ? What's the purpose of this file ?

Thanks,

Steph.

I

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

Hi,

Another possible solution is create a new project and using "add existing item" go adding the your forms. It's a pain, but may be a solution

cheers,

--
Ignacio Machin,
ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us
Florida Department Of Transportation

I've maybe a solution... but don't know if it's safe....

I've deleted the ".suo" file in the project directory, and now the Form designer seems to work fine ! I can add forms and work with them.

But I have no idea about what is this "PROJECT_NAME.SUO" file ?
Is an important file ? What's the purpose of this file ?

Thanks,

Steph.

Ask a Question