Volume Licensing and Activation error

joseescm

I have recently created a image file for our mass deployment of
vista. these computers will be connecting to a KMS server which has
already reached the 25limit for the activation process to take
effect. the problem is that i installed the created image file on a
computer and it boots up and all but will not get activated. It tells
me i have 3days for activation but when i try to activate it tells me
gives me error "0XC004F038" which says that the count has not been
reached on the server. I have tried changing the key and it gives me
an error of " 0XC004F025" saying access denied.

I assumed that when i ran sysprep it would remove the key and leave
the image in a mode ready to be activated again.

One note: the original computer was acticated before the image was
created, i just assumed that the key would have been removed once the
computer was syspreped. Please let me know what i am doing wrong. I
have tried going into the cmd prompt to change the key but have read
that i would need to use the CTRL+ALT+ENTER to enter an administrative
mode but have been unable to do this.

Please Help!!!

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Open an elevated cmd prompt.
Run slmgr -dli all and report back the output.
This is current licensing status of the machine
You should be able to run slmgr -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
To change out the product key, see if this works or if you get an error.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

From: joseescm <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Subject: Volume Licensing and Activation error
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:50:42 -0700
.NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)