Volume licensing activation

Christian Schindler

Recently I read the Windows Vista Volume Activation 2.0 Step by Step
Guide...

Microsoft mentions that there are two volume license version: MAK and KMS

For the KMS type you need to have the KMS Server installed in your
environment.
I know that for WIN2003 this "Service" is in development...

I tried to find the related service in Longhorn Server (Feb CTP Build), but
was unable.

Does anyone know if this service is available in the LH Beta and if which
one I have to install?

Thanks!
Christian Schindler

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Christian,
Install the KMS key using slmgr in an elevated cmd prompt.
This is available on Windows VIsta and Windows Server Longhorn(beta)
The KMS download for Windows Server 2003 has been released.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]