Vlookup

rowanmantle

I am having a problem with a VLOOKUP formula. I have a cell that is
validated with a list that is the left hand column on my VLOOKUP array.
there a total of 9 columns in this this array. The array is 70 rows
long. whenever I try to get it to calculate the VLOOKUP for any of the
columns it will only display the values for the last half of the list.
Is there a limit to the length of a VLOOKUP search? Is there any way
around this? How do I get the VLOOKUP to return the values I need it to
with the whole list inclusive, not just the last half?

I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thank you

Pete_UK

Check the range parameter in your lookup formula - it is the second
parameter in brackets and needs to cover the whole of your range. If
you have given the table a named range, then use Insert | Name | Define
to check that the named range covers the complete table.

Hope this helps,

Pete

kcc

If you are only including 3 parameters in the vlookup (value, array,col),
it assumes the array is sorted and it looks for the closest match.
If the first row is bigger than half the lookup values you could get
the effect you are seeing.
Try adding FALSE as a 4th parameter to the lookup.
kcc

"rowanmantle" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...