VLOOKUP? to match 2 cells, then retrieve value of a third cell on the same row

Reaction score
Hey, I am hoping some of you guys can help me. I have tried and spent all day yesterday trying to automate this. We have to patch servers for vulnerabilities. Each month we get a list of our servers and the QID's for the vulnerabilities. We respond back and give them times to do the patching.

I am unfortunately finding the some of the patching is not getting done. I have a master list of the server names with their QID's and when I told them to patch the servers.

When I get the new list each month, unfortunately there are servers with QID's that I already sent back to be patched. I want a formula that I can copy into the monthly list I get that will refer back to the Master Worksheet and if the server name AND QID match on a row, I want it to retrieve the value from colume D of that same row, which is the date I previously sent back to patch. So if 'Sheet2'!A2 AND 'Sheet2'!B2 happen to match 'Sheet1'!A76 AND 'Sheet1'!B76, then I want the value from 'Sheet1'!D76 in 'Sheet2'!D2.

I would want it to search for the matches on 'Sheet1'!A2:B1500 and the A and B cell match HAVE to belong to each other; they have to be on the same row for a match to be made. I'm sure that was clear, I just wanted to make sure.

I have attached a screenshot of the two worksheets so you can see it. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• TVM Lookup Formula Example.jpg
    TVM Lookup Formula Example.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Ask a Question