Visual Studio.NET remote debugger problem (haunting me for over 2 months)

G

Hi. I'm having some trouble with my Visual Studio.NET debugger
I want to debug ASP.NET Web Applications, but I don't have IIS installed on my machine (work requirement); IIS is actually installed on a network machine, so I have to use the remote debugger. The problem is that when I press the start button, I get the "you're not part of the debuggers group on the server", and I AM 100% sure that I am part of the debuggers group

I belive this problem is caused by the performance of my machine. I am able to successfully debug web applications on other computers on the network (with more RAM, more processor power - but not too much more)

What is the most probably case for this kind of error? Am I wrong about my assumption
I would appreciate any help. THis problem has been haunting me for 2 months

Thanks in advanc
Carl

C

chanmmn

They are many factors though:

1. Have you checked your NTFS right on the remote machine?

2. Have you checked the Directory Security on your IIS?

chanmm

Carl said:
Hi. I'm having some trouble with my Visual Studio.NET debugger.
I want to debug ASP.NET Web Applications, but I don't have IIS installed
on my machine (work requirement); IIS is actually installed on a network
machine, so I have to use the remote debugger. The problem is that when I
press the start button, I get the "you're not part of the debuggers group on
the server", and I AM 100% sure that I am part of the debuggers group.
I belive this problem is caused by the performance of my machine. I am
able to successfully debug web applications on other computers on the
network (with more RAM, more processor power - but not too much more).

G

Dear Carl

check this ou

http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/10917_2176931_

hope it helps

----- Carl wrote: ----

Hi. I'm having some trouble with my Visual Studio.NET debugger
I want to debug ASP.NET Web Applications, but I don't have IIS installed on my machine (work requirement); IIS is actually installed on a network machine, so I have to use the remote debugger. The problem is that when I press the start button, I get the "you're not part of the debuggers group on the server", and I AM 100% sure that I am part of the debuggers group

I belive this problem is caused by the performance of my machine. I am able to successfully debug web applications on other computers on the network (with more RAM, more processor power - but not too much more)

What is the most probably case for this kind of error? Am I wrong about my assumption
I would appreciate any help. THis problem has been haunting me for 2 months

Thanks in advanc
Carl

Ask a Question