Visual Studio 2005 intellisense and Visual Basic 2005

C

Chuck

I am new to programming and Visual Studio so please bare with me. I am using visual studio 2005 intellisense for VB.net...for example when I am doing Console.WriteLine() and it is autocompleting WriteLine i have to hit enter to select it from the list to autocomplete for me..the problem is it goes to the next line without allowing me to put anything in the WriteLine() method..is there a way to modify the intellisense options? Right now when I hit the tab button it autocompletes it and keeps it on the same line for me but hitting the tab button is annoying. I prefer return/enter. Can anyone provide an explanation as to how I can modify this? Thanks.

C

Chris Dunaway

Chuck said:
I am new to programming and Visual Studio so please bare with me. I am using visual studio 2005 intellisense for VB.net...for example when I am doing Console.WriteLine() and it is autocompleting WriteLine i have to hit enter to select it from the list to autocomplete for me..the problem is it goes to the next line without allowing me to put anything in the WriteLine() method..is there a way to modify the intellisense options? Right now when I hit the tab button it autocompletes it and keeps it on the same line for me but hitting the tab button is annoying. I prefer return/enter. Can anyone provide an explanation as to how I can modify this? Thanks.

When I type Console.Writeline, as soon as intellisense is on
WriteLine, I press the open parenthesis ( and that completes it for me.
I have to press that anyway to add the string I want written so it is
natural for me. You can also use the space bar.

I don't think there is a way to change the behavior of the enter key.
Try out some of the other keys to see what is convenient for you.

Ask a Question