Visual Inheritance: What Gives?

Martin Robins

I still cannot make it work. I have been using the framework since the early
beta's of v1.0 and I cannot get visual inheritance to do (what I think) it
should do; even with version 2.0 (May CTP). I even have production systems
in use!

For example, create a form with a couple of buttons, anchor them to the
bottom right of the form - generally make it look a bit like a base dialog.
Now create an inherited form and display it - the buttons have moved. Even
if you manually create an inherited form with no additional code - it
changes.

Am I missing something? I want to create base forms that do what the base is
told to do.

HHeellpp!!

Doug Forster

Hi Martin,

Yep this is one of numerous bugs in the .NET forms designer that have been
there forever with no sign of a service pack.
This particular one relates to anchoring to the bottom and right of an
inherited form. We wanted our buttons to anchor to the bottom right. Our
workaround is to add a panel to the base form docked (not anchored) to the
bottom of the form. Then add a second panel and place this on the first
panel docked to the right. Then finally place the buttons onto the second
panel. You can vary this according to how you want to anchor your buttons.

Cheers

Doug Forster

Martin Robins

Whilst it is unfortunate that it has to be so long winded, this is the best
work-around yet that I have seen for this problem.

Cheers.

"Doug Forster" <doug at _ZAPTHIS_
toniq_ZAPTHIS_DOT_ZAPTHIS_co_ZAPTHIS_DOTnz> wrote in message

joeycalisay

Is this problem still persisting in the current release of Beta 2.0?
How come this bug has been around for years now and was not included in
SP1 of Framework 1.1?