Vista Update error 8024402C

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Installation' started by Margy, Jan 18, 2009.

  1. Margy

    Margy Guest

    New notebook on Vista Business. T7500 CPU, 4 gigs RAM, 160gig HDD. It will
    not download any updates which I need to do so I can install Service Pack 1
    as a result of Update error 8024402C. I have a Microsoft Service Pack 1 on
    DVD - DVD was given to me by Microsoft.

    I have followed Help suggestions:
    Notebook has Internet Access
    I have disbale Virus Protection and tried updates still failed
    It is on a Peer to Peer network - no server

    The only advice I followed from Help was to check option in LAN settings,
    under Automatic Configuration, to "Automatically detect settings."

    Rebooted many times - tried over and over - everything failed. I have spend
    6 hours + installing Office, Photoshop Elements, installing 5 printers on it
    setup Outlook and imported .pst. I really don't want to do a new setup. Is
    there anyway I can sort out this error and downloads updates without having
    to wipe the harddrive clean an do a new OS installation.

    Assistance will be so much appreciated. Please help.

    --
    Margy
    KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

    Margy, Jan 18, 2009

  2. Margy

    Mick Murphy Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936

    Above is the link for MS's resolution for Error 0x8024402C
    --
    Mad Mike

    Mick Murphy, Jan 18, 2009

  3. Margy

    Margy Guest

    Thanks so much for such a quick reply. Will do tomorrow and let you know how
    I fared.
    --
    Margy

    Margy, Jan 18, 2009
  4. Margy

    Mick Murphy Guest

    OK. Hope it works for you.
    --
    Mad Mike

    Mick Murphy, Jan 18, 2009
  5. Margy

    John Turco Guest

    Growler74 wrote:

    > Hi guys...
    >
    > I have had a similar problem which has taken me days and hours to sort
    > out. I have been combing through this forum and every other forum that
    > has purported to have a fix... but none worked for me. Finally I got
    > onto Microsoft Support. Attached below is my email describing my
    > problem (as well as the fixes I tried), and the reply from the support
    > guy. It worked first go, however I have not seen this fix on any forum
    > or website.

    <deleted lengthy description of the problem and its solution, for brevity>

    Many thanks, for sharing your information publicly; it may prove helpful
    to others, in the future.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>