Vista Start button doesn't change the list of recently used progra

InfernalBird

what exactly am i doing wrong i want to change the list of recently used
programs on my start button but when i restart my computer or whenever my
computer turns on the list is resest to the original list that is first set
by vista. this doesn't affect the way the computer runs its just an annoyance
i would like to fix. if anyone can help me please respond, and so i say how i
empty the list: right-click the program shortcuts in the start menu and click
"remove from list". i also made sure that in the properties the two check
boxes to keep a list of recently used programs and recently open documents
are both checked. i hope someone knows what i'm doing wrong. thank you.

"InfernalBird" wrote in message
what exactly am i doing wrong i want to change the list of recently used
programs on my start button but when i restart my computer or whenever my
computer turns on the list is resest to the original list that is first
set
by vista. this doesn't affect the way the computer runs its just an
annoyance
i would like to fix. if anyone can help me please respond, and so i say
how i
empty the list: right-click the program shortcuts in the start menu and
click
"remove from list". i also made sure that in the properties the two check
boxes to keep a list of recently used programs and recently open documents
are both checked. i hope someone knows what i'm doing wrong. thank you.

There is a registry value you can set, if you feel comfortible editing the
registry.

Have you used regedit.exe before? If not, I'd suggest you get tech support
to walk you through it, step by step, just to be safe.

InfernalBird

ok, but what is the value to change and where would i get tech support from
in order to have them help?