Vista SP1 to SP2

PaulRS

have a Lenovo laptop that came preloaded with Vista Home basic. I
used the menu item to "Update Windows" and it currently reports that
there are no more updates. I am SP1. In my reading I discovered that
MS has released SP2 for Vista. Yet, I am supposedly fully updated.
Please advise.
It this something separate?
Does Home Basic not take the SP2 Update?
Recommendations . . .

Thanks,
Paul

webster72n

"PaulRS" wrote in message
have a Lenovo laptop that came preloaded with Vista Home basic. I
used the menu item to "Update Windows" and it currently reports that
there are no more updates. I am SP1. In my reading I discovered that
MS has released SP2 for Vista. Yet, I am supposedly fully updated.
Please advise.
It this something separate?
Does Home Basic not take the SP2 Update?
Recommendations . . .

The perimeter of my advice is limited, but in all probability you
will have to get (the update to) SP2 yourself from Microsoft's
website.
Of course you would be fully updated for SP1.
Unless someone has a more informed solution.

Harry.

Thanks,
Paul

EW

Does Home Basic not take the SP2 Update?
Recommendations . . .

Paul, Vista Basic does take SP-2 -- I'm writing on a system like that
now. I'm not sure "how" I received SP2 on it quite some time ago, but
it did load nicely. Google around and read about others with Vista SP2
problems. Might try the Microsoft Answers site: answers.microsoft dot
com etc... Good info there.

PaulRS

Paul, Vista Basic does take SP-2 -- I'm writing on a system like that
now. I'm not sure "how" I received SP2 on it quite some time ago, but
it did load nicely. Google around and read about others with Vista SP2
problems. Might try the Microsoft Answers site: answers.microsoft dot
com etc... Good info there.

Evidently OTHER upgrades were needed before SP2 was offered at the Win
Upgrade. I downloaded, installed, and restarted 3 times - each time
checking for more updates. On the 4th check SP2 was offered. I now
have it working SP2. Thanks to all contribitors
Paul

webster72n

"PaulRS" wrote in message
Paul, Vista Basic does take SP-2 -- I'm writing on a system like that
now. I'm not sure "how" I received SP2 on it quite some time ago, but
it did load nicely. Google around and read about others with Vista SP2
problems. Might try the Microsoft Answers site: answers.microsoft dot
com etc... Good info there.

Evidently OTHER upgrades were needed before SP2 was offered at the Win
Upgrade. I downloaded, installed, and restarted 3 times - each time
checking for more updates. On the 4th check SP2 was offered. I now
have it working SP2. Thanks to all contribitors

Thanks for the feedback, Paul.
It is always a good habit.
And also good to know that you are back in the saddle.

Paul

HumBug!

have a Lenovo laptop that came preloaded with Vista Home basic. I
used the menu item to "Update Windows" and it currently reports that
there are no more updates. I am SP1. In my reading I discovered that
MS has released SP2 for Vista. Yet, I am supposedly fully updated.
Please advise.
It this something separate?
Does Home Basic not take the SP2 Update?
Recommendations . . .

My Toshiba laptop has Vista 32 Home Premium with SP1,
but refuses to install SP2.

Nothing seems to require SP2, so I'm just ignoring it (AND IE9) for now.