Vista labtop and LCD-TV

Stig Christensen

Hi
I have a Vista labtop, and LCD-TV which can perform 1366x768..
My labtop doesn't see the DDC-info from the TV when using a 7.5 m cable,
it works with a 2 m cable.
No matter what type of driver i select,
the option 1360x768 doesn't show up..
How can I force my Vista to use 1360x768?
\\Stig

JW

It would help to know what interface you are using to the TV and what
graphics chip you have and if you have checked to be sure that you have the
latest graphics drivers for your laptop from the laptop manufacturer. Also
have you tried 1366x768 also. What options do show up and what happens when
you try and use one of them.

Stig Christensen

JW said:
It would help to know what interface you are using to the TV and what
graphics chip you have and if you have checked to be sure that you have
the latest graphics drivers for your laptop from the laptop manufacturer.
Also have you tried 1366x768 also. What options do show up and what
happens when you try and use one of them.

It's a gerforce 6150, and I'm using the VGA-port.
the option that show with the slider are multiple
800x600...1280x720,1280,00..... 2048x1536,
but no 1360x768 or 1366x768, if I select a ratio not compatible with the TV,
it does'nt display a picture,
if I choose f. ex 1280x720 t does show a picture, but he picture isn't
filling the complete screen..

JW

Does the user manual for the TV state it will accept 1360 or 1366x768?
Did you check to see if you have latest drivers from you laptop vendor?
I think until Nvidia makes it possible to use custom resolutions using the
Nvidia Control panel advanced mode with its Vista drivers.that you may have
to use 1280x720.

Tom Scales

From: Stig Christensen [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: Monday, July 16, 2007 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: Vista labtop and LCD-TV

JW said:
It would help to know what interface you are using to the TV and what
graphics chip you have and if you have checked to be sure that you have
the latest graphics drivers for your laptop from the laptop manufacturer.
Also have you tried 1366x768 also. What options do show up and what
happens when you try and use one of them.

It's a gerforce 6150, and I'm using the VGA-port.
the option that show with the slider are multiple
800x600...1280x720,1280,00..... 2048x1536,
but no 1360x768 or 1366x768, if I select a ratio not compatible with
the TV,
it does'nt display a picture,
if I choose f. ex 1280x720 t does show a picture, but he picture isn't
filling the complete screen..

nVidia has advanced options that allow you to add resolutions. It is in
their control panel. If you don't have the control panel, then download
the latest drivers for the 6150.

Stig Christensen

nVidia has advanced options that allow you to add resolutions. It is in
their control panel. If you don't have the control panel, then download
the latest drivers for the 6150.

the driver is 7.15.10.9759, dated 13-01-2007
I don't see where I can add the resolution ?