Vista DVD Maker - Corrupted AVI?

G

I have an AVI file on my computer that plays just fine, but when I try to
burn it to a DVD using Windows DVD Maker it says that "The file is not valid
or is corrupted."

Is there any way to correct this or go around it so that I can burn the file?

Thanks.

R

Rick Rogers

Before you install K-lite, you may want to google a bit on zachd+K-lite and
find out exactly why you should not install that codec pack.

But, if you like formatting and reinstalling the operating system, then
maybe you shouldn't read up first.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

Reaction score
Reason 1 Maybe the AVI codecs issue: AVI is a video container format which may contain different video and audio codecs. If the codec in AVI video is not compatible with Windows DVD Maker, you will fail to import AVI to Windows DVD Maker.

Reason2 Maybe the video filters issue: Not all of the video and audio filters installed by other programs are compatible with Windows DVD Maker. If the filter isn't compatible, you might encounter the following problems in burning AVI with Windows DVD Maker

In order to solve Windows DVD Maker Won’t Import and Burn AVI:

One way is convert AVI to Windows Media Player more compatible format with some software like iDealshare VideoGo.

If the reason 2, you may also try turn filters off with the following step by step guide:

• 1. Open Windows DVD Maker by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type DVD Maker, and then, in the list of results, click Windows DVD Maker.
  • 2. On the Turn your digital memories into a DVD page, click Choose Photos and Videos.
  • 3. On the Add pictures and video to the DVD page, click Options.
  • 4. Click the Compatibility tab.
  • 5. Do one of the following:To turn off a filter, clear the check box next to the filter name; To turn on a filter, select the check box next to the filter name; To restore the default list, click Restore All Defaults. When you restore the default settings, the list and settings for the filters are reset to the last known good setting.
  • 6. Click OK to close the DVD Options dialog box, and then continue making your DVD.

Ask a Question