Vista (64 bit) Protocol Associations

I found the article explaining how to edit file associations
(http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Wi...399f-a0b6-4133-ac76-41cda36b1ca21033.mspx#EPB)

Please go to that page and expand the "If a program does not show up in the
Programs list" option, and look at number 5. It explains that you can click
on "Other Programs" or else select "Browse." Nether of these options are
available when it comes to PROTOCOLS, as opposed to FILE TYPES.

Neither can I uncheck the association with Internet Explorer in "Control
Panel\Default Programs\Set Your Default Programs\"

Any help would be _greatly_ appreciated

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
You may need to check if the application registered itself as a protocol
option:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa969375.aspx#registration

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

(http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/6ef5399f-a0b6-4133-ac76
-41cda36b1ca21033.mspx#EPB)

|> Please go to that page and expand the "If a program does not show up in
the
|> Programs list" option, and look at number 5. It explains that you can
click
|> on "Other Programs" or else select "Browse." Nether of these options
are
|> available when it comes to PROTOCOLS, as opposed to FILE TYPES.
|>
|> Neither can I uncheck the association with Internet Explorer in "Control
|> Panel\Default Programs\Set Your Default Programs\"
|>
|> Any help would be _greatly_ appreciated

Thanks, that page was certainly on point, but does that mean that if Firefox
failed to register itself as a protocol option (?) I have to do that for it?
There is _no_ GUI way to add a protocol option?

That seems pretty ... what's the word.... hmm.

Thanks all the same for responding