Vista-32 bit OS load problem (update)

R.H. Breener

I finally got a screen with the choice to Repair, Recover or Restore the OS.
I chose Restore and when asked what to use, chose disks. It took the 3 DVD
disks made the day I bought the PC (I posting from the laptop) and restored
from them. All was well until the MS updates came down and were installed.
SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!! I found the MS fixes for problematic updates and
ran that. It said it fixed three problems but was not specific as to which
ones.

It's called MicrosoftFixit.

It booted fine after the fixes. I'll know after it's turned on and off a
few times if it worked.

webster72n

R.H. Breener said:
I finally got a screen with the choice to Repair, Recover or Restore the
OS.
I chose Restore and when asked what to use, chose disks. It took the 3 DVD
disks made the day I bought the PC (I posting from the laptop) and restored
from them. All was well until the MS updates came down and were installed.
SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!! I found the MS fixes for problematic updates and
ran that. It said it fixed three problems but was not specific as to which
ones.

It's called MicrosoftFixit.

Thanks for letting us know, R.H.
I happen to know about the program and its effectiveness, but was in no
way pointed in this direction. Hopefully your fix is permanent in this case.

Harry.

R. H. Breener

Bill Leary said:
"R.H. Breener" wrote in message
Hopefully a good ending. Please do let us know if it's really fixed.

- Bill

Nope, same old boot problem. I bought Avanquest Fix-It Utilities and System
Suite and that didn't fix it either. It keeps hanging on boot-up.