virus infection

Reaction score
Hi lads,
My pc has become infected somehow and i'm not sure if i got rid of it yet.
I am using bit defender at the mo which reported the infections(2).It said it disinfected one and the other one was(for some strange reason) left for me to delete. So i did. Now however, i cannot find any info on these infections. I caught a glimpse of the word "trojan" and "heur" i think as things were happening but thats it.
Any ideas on what i should do next???
:( Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi lads,
My pc has become infected somehow and i'm not sure if i got rid of it yet.
I am using bit defender at the mo which reported the infections(2).It said it disinfected one and the other one was(for some strange reason) left for me to delete. So i did. Now however, i cannot find any info on these infections. I caught a glimpse of the word "trojan" and "heur" i think as things were happening but thats it.
Any ideas on what i should do next???
:( Zzzzz

You could run an online scan here to see if they are still in the system or not. I would then run the programs below to clear out any remaining infections.

http://www.misec.net/

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

http://malwarebytes.org/

Edit not sure about the information on the Trojan does bit defender not have a log or reports of what infections its found?

Let us know how it goes.

Reaction score
Thanks Wiz....as far as i canmake out Bit Defender sorted it out but i also have Malbytes antimalware and thats doing a deep scan now.....i'll keep ya posted. I dont want to poke around with BD while MBAM is running. Its been on an hour and 4 mins so far. Yeah man iknow its long.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Thanks Wiz....as far as i canmake out Bit Defender sorted it out but i also have Malbytes antimalware and thats doing a deep scan now.....i'll keep ya posted. I dont want to poke around with BD while MBAM is running. Its been on an hour and 4 mins so far. Yeah man iknow its long.
Zzzzz

Glad to see the problem seems resolved let me know the out come. 1hour 4mins is not bad at all really for a scan I did a Kaspersky scan and that took nearly 3hours to complete lol . I have also now removed 20GB worth of junk off it so that should make scanning times quicker.

Regards

Reaction score
Well i was making a vob file back up at the same time as the scan, not thinking about resources and stuff.
I'm downloading That Super anti spyware link ya gave me.Better safe than sorry plus ya learn a bit more everytime you use a new app.
Thanks again.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
latest events

Hi Wiz,

I tried the SUPERantispyware ya gave me and after installing it went into its start up and did a diagnostic and crashed. I couldnt get anything to work and couldnt shut it down so i had to power it down. Its powered back up now and everything looks clearer and i have to put passwords in for yahoo and PCR so something has changed. Have to go out now so i'll try it again later.
Ciao
:nod: Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi Wiz,

I tried the SUPERantispyware ya gave me and after installing it went into its start up and did a diagnostic and crashed. I couldnt get anything to work and couldnt shut it down so i had to power it down. Its powered back up now and everything looks clearer and i have to put passwords in for yahoo and PCR so something has changed. Have to go out now so i'll try it again later.
Ciao
:nod: Zzzzz

Hi

Not sure what caused Super Anti Spyware to crash I never select send a diagnostic report or do you mean during the scanning? I think the problem with you having to enter passwords to log into PC review and Yahoo is some where along the line the cookies have been deleted, all you need to do is reenter the passwords in again and that should correct the issue. If not then download CCleaner and run that unselect install the yahoo toolbar during the installtion. Once in CCleaner set it up to clear all of the cookies and then reenter the passwords again and it should be ok.

Reaction score
Thank for the tips. I think you're right about the cookies....everything seems fine now. After my post last nite i ran the SAS and it threw up 15 more infections and they were all spyware/adware stuff. I hope the bit defender took that trojan out.
I'll keep a close eye in the future. I dont think i was on any dirty sites so i dont know where i picked them up.
Thanks again for taking the time to sort out me few issues.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Thank for the tips. I think you're right about the cookies....everything seems fine now. After my post last nite i ran the SAS and it threw up 15 more infections and they were all spyware/adware stuff. I hope the bit defender took that trojan out.
I'll keep a close eye in the future. I dont think i was on any dirty sites so i dont know where i picked them up.
Thanks again for taking the time to sort out me few issues.
Zzzzz

You're welcome mate.

Glad it you got it sorted out. Sometimes you can get Spyware and Adware when downloading stuff off the net. I wouldn't worry now. It seems like its all gone. :)

Post back if you need anymore help.

Regards,

Wiz

Ask a Question