Virus Attack: Huge number of mails sent thru OUTLOOK EXPRESS

G

I got the mail with msg: install39.exe-this is the latest version of security update, the "Cumulative Patch update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities....

After I run install39.exe (106KB), whenever I am connected to internet,"pilogx.exe tried to access the internet".
I found that in C:\WINDOWS folder these 2 files are there PILOGX.EXE-2C3DC6A9.pf (12KB) and pilogx.exe (104KB

Ever since I have run install39.exe, many items on Start button are giving error messages and computer is slow
I realized that when I was checking my mails using OUTLOOK EXPRESS, huge number of mails were sent without my knowledge
Each e-mail sent has different attachments. In some mails the attachments sent were
newest net security pack.exe, ATT00367.dat, ATT00395.eml, ATT00458.dat, ATT00553.dat, Last Microsoft update.ex

Some e-mails I received read as follows
1st Mail) Our virus detector has just been triggered by a message you sent:
The virus detector said this about the message
Report: Executable DOS/Windows programs are dangerous in email (Upgrade9631.exe
--------------------------
2nd Mail) The mail server for mindworks.com.sg does not accept E-mail with attachments that contain the exe extension.
TO: "Partner" <[email protected]
SUBJECT: newest net security pac

Now I cannot even run many anti-virus programs like FixBlast, FixWelch etc. I get an error "FixBlast.exe cannot be found"
I will appreciate your kind advice on
a) how to get rid of the virus my computer is having,
b) how to prevent getting the message "….exe cannot be found"
c) how to stop OUTLOOK EXPRESS from sending harmful e-mails automatically

Yours truly
S Dutt

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

You are receiving bogus email messages from a devious imposter!
Microsoft never sends updates patches via email!

How to Tell If a Microsoft Security-Related Message Is Genuine
http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/authenticate_mail.asp

How to Trim the "Spam" from Your E-Mail Diet
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spam.asp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

| I got the mail with msg: install39.exe-this is the latest version of security update, the "Cumulative Patch
update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities...."
|
| After I run install39.exe (106KB), whenever I am connected to internet,"pilogx.exe tried to access the
internet".
| I found that in C:\WINDOWS folder these 2 files are there PILOGX.EXE-2C3DC6A9.pf (12KB) and pilogx.exe
(104KB)
|
| Ever since I have run install39.exe, many items on Start button are giving error messages and computer is
slow
| I realized that when I was checking my mails using OUTLOOK EXPRESS, huge number of mails were sent without
my knowledge.
| Each e-mail sent has different attachments. In some mails the attachments sent were :
| newest net security pack.exe, ATT00367.dat, ATT00395.eml, ATT00458.dat, ATT00553.dat, Last Microsoft
update.exe
|
| Some e-mails I received read as follows:
| 1st Mail) Our virus detector has just been triggered by a message you sent:-
| The virus detector said this about the message:
| Report: Executable DOS/Windows programs are dangerous in email (Upgrade9631.exe)
| ---------------------------
| 2nd Mail) The mail server for mindworks.com.sg does not accept E-mail with attachments that contain the exe
extension.
| FROM: "MS Technical Assistance" <[email protected]>
| TO: "Partner" <[email protected]>
| SUBJECT: newest net security pack
|
| Now I cannot even run many anti-virus programs like FixBlast, FixWelch etc. I get an error "FixBlast.exe
cannot be found".
| I will appreciate your kind advice on
| a) how to get rid of the virus my computer is having,
| b) how to prevent getting the message "….exe cannot be found"
| c) how to stop OUTLOOK EXPRESS from sending harmful e-mails automatically ?
|
| Yours truly,
| S Dutta
|

Ask a Question