Virtual marijuana (digital plant)

R. L.

I was looking for something related to tea drinking (I am a
heavy tea drinker), then ran into this one think that it is
kind of interesting:

High Grow

http://www.highgrow.us/objectives.html

Here is the description:

"The program allows you to choose three marijuana seeds and
plant them in three pots in a virtual growroom. When watered,
these seeds will all germinate and begin their life cycle as
determined by their genetic structure. By caring for your
plants every few days, you'll be able to watch them grow
strongly and develop potent flowering buds. If you ignore or
forget about them however, they will die after a week or two.

You'll be able to manage and control the plants' environment
by watering, fertilizing and by adjusting the light height and
photoperiod. You'll also be able to control and improve growth
by pruning growing tips. Finally, you'll decide the exact
moment to harvest your crop.

When you harvest your plants, the dry mass, health and final
potency (measured in %THC) of each plant is calculated and
compared with each other (and with other plants from previous
efforts). You will then be awarded a certificate of merit for
every plant you successfully harvest."

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater (+other goodies)

Mister Charlie

F'in great...I would enjoy it but after all that cyber work I'd sure as
hell want something more than a certificate! :)

The Six Million Dollar Man

Mister said:
F'in great...I would enjoy it but after all that cyber work I'd sure
as hell want something more than a certificate! :)

Its better than being sent to Virtual Jail for the crime of Virtual

--
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says
something about human nature that the only form of life we have created

Stephen Hawking (1942 - )

Canetoad

and download one of those and stare at it a while. That should do the
trick.

That comment was redundant, to be kind. Unecessary and naive to be
honest and uninformed to be brutal. Grow up Corliss.

R. L.

Go here:

http://www.reallyslick.com/

and download one of those and stare at it a while. That
should do the trick.

Hey, neat screensaver!!! Very pretty and surely virtual high
:)

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater (+other goodies)
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html
********************************
Pricelessware voting annual results and information:
http://www.pricelessware.org,
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org,
http://www.earths-ocular.com/mirror/www.pricelesswarehome.org/

Tweety John

John Corliss said:
Go here:

http://www.reallyslick.com/

and download one of those and stare at it a while. That should do the
trick.
--
Regards from John Corliss
No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware, demoware,

From the Helios Screensaver readme file:

"Helios Screensaver

"Since this screen saver is shareware, I ask for $5 if you decide to
keep
it. Payment information is available at http://www.reallyslick.com

"It's only shareware, so there is no support available for this saver,
but feel free to send comments and suggestions to me (Terry) at
(e-mail address removed)"

Why not try following your own dictates by NOT POSTING SHAREWARE CRAP
IN THIS FREEWARE NEWSGROUP, YOU FAT, SNIVELLING HYPOCRITE!

Tweety-John

R. L.

(e-mail address removed) (Tweety John) says in
"Helios Screensaver

"Since this screen saver is shareware, I ask for $5 if you
decide to keep
it. Payment information is available at
http://www.reallyslick.com

boy..that is not what the site said:

"NOT SO IMPORTANT: These savers are freeware. Feel free to
give them to anyone and everyone."

And I went to the main page and there is no payment
information available either....may be the author changed his
mind that we didn't know about?

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater (+other goodies)
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html
********************************
Pricelessware voting annual results and information:
http://www.pricelessware.org,
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org,
http://www.earths-ocular.com/mirror/www.pricelesswarehome.org/

John Corliss

Tweety said:
From the Helios Screensaver readme file:

"Helios Screensaver
"Since this screen saver is shareware, I ask for $5 if you decide to
keep it. Payment information is available at
http://www.reallyslick.com
"It's only shareware, so there is no support available for this saver,
but feel free to send comments and suggestions to me (Terry) at
(e-mail address removed)"

Why not try following your own dictates by NOT POSTING SHAREWARE CRAP
IN THIS FREEWARE NEWSGROUP, YOU FAT, SNIVELLING HYPOCRITE!

Hmm. Getting a little shrill for a troll.

The readme actually does say that, but according to this message:

"If you read the home page he explains that ALL the screensavers are
freeware now, he just hasn't changed the download files readme to
indicate that. So you can keep all of them if you like them."

John Corliss

Tweety said:
the trick.

From the Helios Screensaver readme file:

"Helios Screensaver
"Since this screen saver is shareware, I ask for $5 if you decide to
keep it. Payment information is available at http://www.reallyslick.com
"It's only shareware, so there is no support available for this saver,
but feel free to send comments and suggestions to me (Terry) at (snipped)"

Why not try following your own dictates by NOT POSTING SHAREWARE CRAP
IN THIS FREEWARE NEWSGROUP, YOU FAT, SNIVELLING HYPOCRITE!

Hmm. Getting a little shrill for a troll.

The readme actually does say that, but according to this message:

"If you read the home page he explains that ALL the screensavers are
freeware now, he just hasn't changed the download files readme to
indicate that. So you can keep all of them if you like them."

Roger Hunt

Mister Charlie said:
Seems like -someone- could use a spliff or two to calm the hell down.

But would that make it easier to track the attributions in this rapidly
disintegrating thread?

Jim Daniel

Hello said:
regarding Lattice

"Since this screen saver is shareware, I ask for $5 if you decide to
keep it. Payment information is available at
http://www.reallyslick.com

So JC, have you decided to open the group to shareware ;)

To whom it may concern:

Found the following at
http://theopencd.sunsite.dk/programs-v1.4/Multimedia.html#5

"As the name suggests, Really Slick Screensavers is a collection of
attractive screen savers. They are built using the OpenGL graphics
library, which results in an impressive display on your screen, but also
requires fairly up to date hardware (we recommend a graphics card with
OpenGL support and 16 MB of graphics RAM). If you are in doubt you can
always try, as the screen savers are easy to un-install (as is every
program on this CD).
This wonderful set of screen savers was created by Terry Welsh of
Sunnyvale, California in his free time. After being contacted by Will
Martin of TheOpenCD, he agreed to release them under a free software
license (the GPL), which was required to meet the criteria for inclusion
on our CD. As it happens, others were just waiting for this to happen,
so they could continue its development and will hopefully now take it to
new heights! This is a great example of Open Source dynamics at work,
and we at TheOpenCD are especially proud to present Really Slick Screen
savers for your viewing enjoyment."

The Really Slick Screensavers are on the OpenCD (here
http://theopencd.sunsite.dk/) and have been released under the GPL
license so as near as I can tell, they are freeware.

Jim Daniel