viewstate getting corrupted

TS

I have some inner exceptions on dev and production server saying:
Invalid character in a Base-64 string. OR
Invalid Length of a Base-64 string or something like that.

I cannot recreate this issue and don't know why it is happening. Someone
suggested that it occurs when someone clicks submit on a page then closes
the browser before the response comes back, OR they click the submit button
and before it comes back they click it again.

Any ideas on why it is happening?

thanks

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi,

We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi TS,

As for ViewState getting corrupted problem, based on my experience, this is
likely occuring when our ASP.NET application is running in webgarden mode
or in webfarm environment. Because ASP.NET viewstate bydefault enable
ViewState MAC (to checking viewstate integrited.....), and this
sign/validate is depend on a machine specific key by default, so in webfarm
envionement, the request could to dispatched to different server ,then the
error occurs when machine B try validting a viewstate signed by server A 's
machine key. Here is one web article mentioned this:

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000132.html]

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support