Viewing powerpoint presentations in MSIE

Greetings all,

At our company users are experiencing inconsistent results when users try to
view ppt files posted to our intranet. All user have MSIE 5.5 or 6.0 with
Windows 2000 Pro.

Most users have no trouble, but for some when they click on a ppt link, the
presentation does not display, Instead, MSIE tries to download the ppt file
to their local PC.

What we're trying to determine is, do users need to have the PPT application
or the PPT viewer software installed in order to view ppt files, or does
MSIE have an integrated plug-in that should be able to open ppt files within
MSIE without the help of the external ppt application or viewer.

Thanks for your help.

Larry

Alan Edwards

You cannot view PowerPoint files without PowerPoint or some sort of
suitable viewer. There is no integrated plugin.

....Alan

ET

Get PP viewer.. a stand alone viewer from Microsoft here..
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8E-5513-46C4-AA4F-058A84A37DF1&displaylang=EN