View with criteria from form user in ADP!!! Help me!

chich bong nguyen

Hi everybody!
I converted DB from Access to SQl Server. I have problems about views with criteria from form user in ADP. I don't know how to pass parameters from form user to criteria of views in ADP? I know we must use @ nameparameters to pass but how can views understand these parameters's value from form user. I found in internet but i didn't see clearly answer. Help me please about this problem and can you introduce me about what book can explain about ADP, please? As soon as better. Thank you ^-^.

Sending SMTP email from within BizTalk Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...f-1716445b26bc/sending-smtp-email-from-w.aspx

Sylvain Lafontaine

You cannot pass parameters to a view, you'll have to write a full Select
query; for example:

Select * from MyView where MyView.Id = 999 and MyView.FirstName = 'Sylvain'

and set it as the record source of your form. You don't have to make an
explicit requery as this will be done automatically by ADP each time you are
changing the record source.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform

chich bong nguyen

But in the case
MyView.Id = from form user and MyView.FirstName = from form user. How can i do?

Sylvain Lafontaine wrote:

You cannot pass parameters to a view, you will have to write a full
03-Mar-10

You cannot pass parameters to a view, you will have to write a full Selec
query; for example

Select * from MyView where MyView.Id = 999 and MyView.FirstName = 'Sylvain

and set it as the record source of your form. You do not have to make a
explicit requery as this will be done automatically by ADP each time you ar
changing the record source

-
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing
MVP - Windows Live Platfor
Blog/web site: http://coding-paparazzi.sylvainlafontaine.co
Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Serve
(French

<chich bong nguyen> wrote in message

Making Silverlight Emulate Synchronous Requests
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...1-c5c717c9b184/making-silverlight-emulat.aspx

Paul Shapiro

Or you could use a stored procedure to get your form data. Stored procedures
accept parameters.