Video card settings on BIOS

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this confusion. When I go to BIOS setting for video card I see the following two lines:

AGP Aperture Size (MB) [128MB]

Init Display first [onboard/AGP]

Is this setting related to my integrated (onboard) video card or the external video card? If this setting is related to external video card then I need to change the first setting that says 128MB because I have 256MB AGP video card.

Thanks

Reaction score
It refers to the integrated video card. if you have a separate video card, disable the onboard.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, I have to slightly disagree with Techy here ...

It depends on you MB/BIOS ... I would highly recommend you leave the AGP Aperture Size alone ... it has nothing to do with the amount of memory on your graphics Card. :thumb:

I would also simply set the ... onboard/AGP ... to AGP.

Without knowing what MB you have, that's the best "safe" advice I can give. It will do no harm.

;)

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
The agp aperture is a portion of the PCI memory address range dedicated as graphics memory address space. Host cycles that hit the aperture range are forwarded to the AGP without need for translation. The aperture size also determines the maximum amount of system RAM that can be allocated to the graphics card for texture storage.
128mb is fine for a 256mb card assuming you have a reasonable amount of system memory.

Covenant

Reaction score
I haven't had any problem leaving the settings the way it is. I was just little confused about the MB size setting. You know sometime things still work but there is a little doubt that the hardware might not be utilized to its full capacity. In my case I thought might be my Video card was not giving me 256mb of performance.
Thanks for your response guys.

Ask a Question