Very strange error - plz help

G

Hej...har winxp pro...ville byta till lite nyare ikoner på en del filer...så gick under verktyg, mappalternativ,filtyper och bytte...nåtmer har jag nog gjort men vet inte vad...nu när jag vill dubbelklicka på en helt vanlig mapp och öppna den...öppnas sökfönstret varje gång...går bra att högerklicka och välja öppna men det är irriterande att inte kunna dubbelklicka...nån som vet vad jag kan ha gjort? ......"IN ENGLISH NOW
Hello...i have winxp pro...i wanted to change the icons to some newer ones on some of the files in my OS...i went to directory options, filetype, and changed there to several new icons...(i dont know now if i translated it to correct english) i guess i have done something more but i cant figure out what cus now when i just try to open a directory on my pc with a doubleclick it open search funktion instead...if i rightclick on a directory and choose open it goes flawlessly...but its annoying to not be able to use this simple doubleclick...anyone who knows how to solve this stupid problem to me?

R

roger

Hi,

Hej...har winxp pro...ville byta till lite nyare ikoner på en del filer...så gick under verktyg, mappalternativ,filtyper och bytte...nåtmer har jag nog gjort men vet inte vad...nu när jag vill dubbelklicka på en helt vanlig mapp och öppna den...öppnas sökfönstret varje gång...går bra att högerklicka och välja öppna men det är irriterande att inte kunna dubbelklicka...nån som vet vad jag kan ha gjort? ......"IN ENGLISH NOW"
Hello...i have winxp pro...i wanted to change the icons to some newer ones on some of the files in my OS...i went to directory options, filetype, and changed there to several new icons...(i dont know now if i translated it to correct english) i guess i have done something more but i cant figure out what cus now when i just try to open a directory on my pc with a doubleclick it open search funktion instead...if i rightclick on a directory and choose open it goes flawlessly...but its annoying to not be able to use this simple doubleclick...anyone who knows how to solve this stupid problem to me?

Go to Kelly's site:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

and scroll down to line 18, right column 'search opens when
double-clicking a folder'

Good luck

G

Roger...THANKYOU:::VERY VERY MUCH...it was what i really needed...you are my hero now

Ask a Question