vba and orgchart shapes

Luc Benninger

how can I detect with vba what shapes in an organization chart diagram are
currently selected? if text in such a shape is selected I can get the shape
reference with the parent property. but what can I do if one or more shapes
are selected?
using excel xp/2003.
thanks a lot, Luc

Jim Rech

Does Selection.Name and/or Typename(Selection) help?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Luc Benninger" <lb (at) zignet.ch> wrote in message
| how can I detect with vba what shapes in an organization chart diagram are
| currently selected? if text in such a shape is selected I can get the
shape
| reference with the parent property. but what can I do if one or more
shapes
| are selected?
| using excel xp/2003.
| thanks a lot, Luc

Luc Benninger

no, it don't. (well, or am i missing something??)
i just want vba to change the fill color of the currently selected shape(s)
in a diagram.
in word and powerpoint the selection object has a childshaperange property
for doing this. but excel...??
Luc

Jim Rech

Selection.Interior.Color = 12632256

or am I missing something?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Luc Benninger" <lb (at) zignet.ch> wrote in message
| no, it don't. (well, or am i missing something??)
| i just want vba to change the fill color of the currently selected
shape(s)
| in a diagram.
| in word and powerpoint the selection object has a childshaperange property
| for doing this. but excel...??
| Luc
|
| | > Does Selection.Name and/or Typename(Selection) help?
| >
| > --
| > Jim Rech
| > Excel MVP
| > are
| > | currently selected? if text in such a shape is selected I can get the
| > shape
| > | reference with the parent property. but what can I do if one or more
| > shapes
| > | are selected?
| > | using excel xp/2003.
| > | thanks a lot, Luc