Variable number of mailing labels.

AS

I have set up a delivery mailing label report that prints one label per
record.
What I need to do is to print multiple labels depending on the value of the
field TotalBags.
i.e 1st customer has 4 items for delivery - 4 identical labels
2nd customer has 6 items - 6 labels etc
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks ....... Allan

Duane Hookom

I would create a table of numbers with a single numeric field and numbers 1
through your maximum number of TotalBags:
Table-> tblNums
Field-> Num
Values-> 1, 2, 3, 4, ....

You can then add this table to your report's record source query. Don't
create any join lines to this table. Add the Num field to your grid and set
its criteria to:
<=[TotalBags]

This should create a "cartesian" type query that shows multiple rows for
each record.

Allan

Thanks - works a treat.
I was getting a bit hung up trying to modify some VBA I had found on the MS
KB about skipping used labels and printing multiples.
Allan

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

AS said:
I have set up a delivery mailing label report that prints one label per
record.
What I need to do is to print multiple labels depending on the value of
the
field TotalBags.
i.e 1st customer has 4 items for delivery - 4 identical labels
2nd customer has 6 items - 6 labels etc
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks ....... Allan

I am doing a database for a raffle. I someone buys 4 tickets I would like to
print 4 labels. I tried your suggestion in this post but I can't get it to
work. Any suggestions?
--
Dave D

AS said:
I have set up a delivery mailing label report that prints one label per
record.
What I need to do is to print multiple labels depending on the value of
the
field TotalBags.
i.e 1st customer has 4 items for delivery - 4 identical labels
2nd customer has 6 items - 6 labels etc
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks ....... Allan

Mike Painter

The cartisian approach will not work in this case as it will always print
the same number.
The Access Developers Handbook has code for this. You add a field with the
number to print and it does it.
The book is worth having. (And Bookpool.com is usually the cheapest)
You might check the knowledgebase for non copyrighted versions of the
program.

AS said:
I have set up a delivery mailing label report that prints one label
per record.
What I need to do is to print multiple labels depending on the
value of the
field TotalBags.
i.e 1st customer has 4 items for delivery - 4 identical labels
2nd customer has 6 items - 6 labels etc
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks ....... Allan

Duane Hookom

I'm not sure why the cartesian solution wouldn't work. If you were printing
tickets for one person, just set the criteria to:
<=[Enter number of tickets purchased]

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

"AS" <allan dot spencer at myrealbox dot com> wrote in message
I have set up a delivery mailing label report that prints one label
per record.
What I need to do is to print multiple labels depending on the
value of the
field TotalBags.
i.e 1st customer has 4 items for delivery - 4 identical labels
2nd customer has 6 items - 6 labels etc
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks ....... Allan

Mike Painter

For one ticket at a time it would but the original wanted varying number per
person and I suspect the lottery person does also.