Valve Suprise??

Reaction score
For all of your half-life 2 gamers (like me), I thought I better inform u that according to the steam forums there is going to be some "Surprise" next week and the whole forum is trying to work out what this is but at the moment they r all guess and only valve know what the surprise is.

So we will just have to wait and see but my guess is that it is a small surprise cos they have been mainly working on hl2 so it can’t rely be that big of a surprise but then again what do I know??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have a URL of the forum where they mention this?

I hope they are releasing HL1:Source for free or something, or some extra levels :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks!

I guess it will just be maps, but HL2DM would be amazing :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looking forward to that :)

Every time I see the thread title 'Valve Surprise' I think of that Monty Python box of chocolates - Valve surprise would be the one where you put it in your mouth and a valve pops out, piercing both cheeks :D

Maybe it's me...

Reaction score
Funny as hell for about 20 mins, then it gets a bit boring, good for a laugh with some mates though, dont see a long term future playing it .

Reaction score
Carn't play at the mo need to wait unitl there are some gd serves to play on

Shouldn't take too long

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Its very fun, so much better than counter-strike: source. I doubt im ever going to play counter-strike again after this ;).

Reaction score
After playing a couple of days, I can say that team HL2DM is cool, but it lacks the objective. whats the point that you shoot someone and in 3 seconds it revives on your back and kills you? its just another free game that its fun, but doesnt have a clear objective to make you play long as CS or RTCW.

What are your thoughts about this?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
vadim said:
After playing a couple of days, I can say that team HL2DM is cool, but it lacks the objective. whats the point that you shoot someone and in 3 seconds it revives on your back and kills you? its just another free game that its fun, but doesnt have a clear objective to make you play long as CS or RTCW.

What are your thoughts about this?
Exact same opinion here now that I've played it properly :(

Matt had a good suggestion for a mod, 2 teams with bases that can make barracades with objects and also place a few turrents. Capture the flag style. Would be very nice to see a mod!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Exact same opinion here now that I've played it properly :(

Matt had a good suggestion for a mod, 2 teams with bases that can make barracades with objects and also place a few turrents. Capture the flag style. Would be very nice to see a mod!
TF:S! :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well i love it, if you want to play a game with objectives, then play CS:S , AA or RTCW:ET. Had a good sessions earlier, got over 150 kills ^^ , the grav gun is funny as can be ;).

Ask a Question