using xltm as template

Andrew

Hello,
This is not really a programming question, although I'm sure someone in this forum can help. I write a lot of excel programs/macros in templates. When I save the templates as xlt everything works fine. When I go to create a new file from template, my templates (with the xlt) extension show up in the My Templates location. But if I save the template as xltm the templates do not show up. They are in the proper folder C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel. But they don't show up when I try to create a new excel file from template.

Can someone explain how to fix this?

thanks,
Andy

GS

Andrew wrote :
Hello,
This is not really a programming question, although I'm sure someone in this
forum can help. I write a lot of excel programs/macros in templates. When I
save the templates as xlt everything works fine. When I go to create a new
file from template, my templates (with the xlt) extension show up in the My
Templates location. But if I save the template as xltm the templates do not
show up. They are in the proper folder
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel. But they don't show
up when I try to create a new excel file from template.

Can someone explain how to fix this?

thanks,
Andy

You can save anywhere you like, not needing to use Excel's *suggested*
location. Move your xltm to the Templates folder! Next time, just
navigate to that location in the SaveAs dialog.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Andrew

El domingo, 15 de julio de 2012 10:16:56 UTC-6, GS escribió:
Andrew wrote :
> Hello,
> This is not really a programming question, although I'm sure someone in this
> forum can help. I write a lot of excel programs/macros in templates.. When I
> save the templates as xlt everything works fine. When I go to create a new
> file from template, my templates (with the xlt) extension show up inthe My
> Templates location. But if I save the template as xltm the templates do not
> show up. They are in the proper folder
> C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel. But they don't show
> up when I try to create a new excel file from template.
>
> Can someone explain how to fix this?
>
> thanks,
> Andy

You can save anywhere you like, not needing to use Excel's *suggested*
location. Move your xltm to the Templates folder! Next time, just
navigate to that location in the SaveAs dialog.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Garry,
Thanks, but I don't understand. I thought I was saving to the template folder. When I select File>New>My Templates, excel navigates to the default template folder. I would much prefer not to use the default folder because there is so much chaff to sift through. If I made a new template folder, how would I get excel to navigate to it?

Andy