Using multiple shared Outlook 2002 calendars

R. Lehr

I causally asked a co-worker if our department secretary scheduled meetings
based on the combined Outlook 2002 calendars of all the members in our
department. In other words, using a consolidated calendar to optimize the
best time that all members can attend a meeting.

The answer was a question: How do you do that? And I couldn't answer. But I
was "positive" you could do that in Outlook using shared calendars, etc.

So my question is: How do you consolidate multiple calendars of members of a
department to isolate and maximize "open" time to schedule a department
meeting?

Note: All department members use Windows XP, with Outlook 2002, under
Exchange Server 2002 in a single domain LAN.

Thanks in advance. ~RLL 2/15/04

Ozzie04

Exchange Server is a plus for this!! You can share your folders with the
secretary. The secretary can then opening all of the calendars and choose
the most appropriate time. Just right click on the calendar folder, choose
properties and share.

R. Lehr

Ozzie . . .

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I've taken so long to respond.

What I was hoping for was a way through Outlook / Exchange Server to
consolidate or merge the multiple calendars to "automatically" have a block
of time -- say 1 hour -- allocated as the best time period where the
majority of department workers are free to attend a meeting.

If I'm not mistaken, Lotus Notes or Groupware could do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. ~ RLL 2/17/04