Using jpeg images in Excel

tgw4

I am trying to use Excel as sort of a catalog to store jpeg images. I am
placing one image in each cell. Some files may have several hundred images,
which makes them 150 Mb or larger. These files are extremely slow to open and
close, and sometimes will not close without freezing Excel. Am I expecting
too much from Excel or is there a way to do this without bogging down my
computer? Or is there a better program to use? I want to be able to label
these images in the cells, and view them quickly by scrolling.

Jim Cone

You could fill the background of a cell comment with the image.
See how here... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments02.html#Picture
However, I don't know if this would reduce your file size or not.

Also, you could create a list of all the images and hyperlink the name to the file.
The image would appear in the default image viewer.
You would have a much smaller file size.
I recommend using a hyperlink formula instead of inserting a hyperlink.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA