Using Help in Windows XP

G

When I go to Help in XP, I see the "Help and Support Center" Window. In Windows 2000, I would see a Windows 2000 Window with an optional left column that contains tags for: Content, Index, Search, and Favorites. I can't seem to find the equivalent in XP Professional Help.

I can't believe this feature is gone. What simple step am I missing?

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Windows XP offers a far better Help and Support program than
found in previous versions of Windows.

1. Open XP's "Help and Support" program.
2. On the toolbar, click on "Index".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| When I go to Help in XP, I see the "Help and Support Center" Window. In Windows 2000, I would see a Windows
2000 Window with an optional left column that contains tags for: Content, Index, Search, and Favorites. I
can't seem to find the equivalent in XP Professional Help.
|
| I can't believe this feature is gone. What simple step am I missing?

M

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

When you open Help and Support, you should see a gray bar across the top
with Index, Favorites, History, Support and Options with a Search Box just
below it.

Do you see this toolbar? If yes, is anything on the toolbar? If you see
the options button, you can set the Help and Support options there.

G

Carey and Mike. I am aware of Index. I am aware of Options

Specifically, I am looking for Contents. I like to see text on right side and a listing (table of contents) on left. Further I like them syncrhonized like in .NET Framework. I then have the ability to scoll to other topics in the same area

I can't seem to find that capability here. Is there something in Options that handles this?? If so, I can't find it.

Ask a Question